The Good Housekeeping Institute is seeking an enthusiastic Associate Media and Tech Reviews Analyst to join its team. Reporting to the Chief Technologist, the successful candidate must have a passion for consumer products and testing across home, appliances, health, technology and more. In this role, you will actively evaluate products alongside other experts in the iconic Good Housekeeping Institute, performing hands-on Lab tests, digging into data and developing strategic insights in order to create best-in-class, science-backed analysis and content. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with experience testing products following specific science-backed methodologies but also possesses a broad mix of editorial and analytical skills.
This position reports to Good Housekeeping Institute Chief Technologist.
Please note: for consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter and salary requirements.
What You'll Do:
• Execute and support product testing from inception and data analysis to final report preparation, under the direction of individual Lab teams.
• Liaise with the Good Housekeeping Institute's product experts to build out test results in print and digital formats.
• Research, write, produce, update and/or audit as many as 5 product-focused pieces of content daily - including product reviews based on testing data, sales & deals roundups, and articles on buzzy products - in a way that is voice-y, highly shareable, search-optimized, and smartly packaged.
• Assist with generating how-to, explainer and other service-driven editorial content for Good Housekeeping magazine and goodhousekeeping.com.
• Stay on top of product and market trends by meeting with manufacturers, attending press events and trade shows, and previewing new products.
• Act as an ambassador for the Good Housekeeping brand, including being well-versed in product testing and Good Housekeeping history, leading tours of the GH Institute, and participating in outside media coverage as needed.
• Answer reader email and respond to product complaints as they arise.
• Research, request, distribute and return product test samples.
• Perform everyday administrative responsibilities to support the Labs, the GH Seal, marketing, sales, and other projects including awards and events.
Who You Are:
• You have a bachelor's degree in Science, Engineering, Product Development, or a related field.
• You have 1-2 years of experience in a lab environment or at a lifestyle brand focused on product testing.
• You have a passion for home, cleaning, kitchen appliances, technology and/or wellness.
• You have a strong interest and knowledge of the consumer goods industry.
• You have an understanding of SEO and best practices for optimizing content for the web.
• You are a team player who is proactive, organized, enthusiastic, and deadline-oriented and willing to pitch in whenever needed.
• You have excellent written and oral communication skills, and strong computer skills, especially with Microsoft Office.
• You have excellent teamwork, interpersonal and collaboration skills.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6n90j-18-205-192-201-42 in your application.