Make your home your happy place-that's our motto at HGTV Magazine. With a fun, friendly approach, we spotlight real homes across the country, sharing tons of creative, doable ideas, from curb appeal boosts to pretty paint colors. We inspire readers to create a home they love, providing real-life solutions in an upbeat, engaging way. We also shine a spotlight on the top HGTV stars, who provide tips and helpful advice in every issue. HGTV Magazine has a loyal 1M+ subscribers and is a top-10 best-selling monthly magazine on newsstands.
We are now looking for an Associate Art Director to join our team. Our ideal candidate is excited to work on a fun, lively brand and has 4+ years of design experience, preferably in the home and/or lifestyle space.
Please note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
What you'll do:
• Work closely with the creative director, design director, and photo director to concept and design front-of-book and feature stories for the magazine
• Sketch or comp layout ideas
• Mark up color corrections throughout the routing process and review changes with our image specialist
• Research illustrators to use and assign out work as needed
Who you are:
• Four-plus years of design experience, preferably in the home and/or lifestyle space.
• Someone with a love of home, DIY, and interior design content (and, of course, HGTV)
• Someone with a thorough knowledge of typography, color, and space
• A highly organized individual who can multi-task assignments
• A hard working individual who works well in a fast-paced, deadline-specific environment
• A go-getter who has enthusiasm to learn new things and to jump in as needed to help out the team
• Someone with experience working with prepress and production
• Someone familiar with InDesign, Woodwing, Photoshop, and Illustrator
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Magazines requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Hearst Magazines will consider requests for reasonable accommodations on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0z98j-18-207-157-152-42 in your application.