Find out more information at HBOMax.com.
We power the most critical HBO Max user experience - watching video - across all mobile, desktop, and connected devices. The Core Media Engine bridges the gap between cross-platform UI and platform-specific video playback. The next generation of our Core Media Engine will go deeper with platform-optimized video streaming, buffering, and rendering, using state of the art techniques to provide the best possible video quality.
As a Senior Software Engineer on WarnerMedia's Core Media Engine team, you will build and support client-side components for our streaming video applications including the upcoming HBO Max service. You will own client-side video from the network to glass, including video profile selection, digital rights management and licensing, rendering, telemetry and on-the-fly stream optimization. You will interface with the appropriate low-level systems on each platform to build the best possible streaming experience for our customers. You will join a growing team with many opportunities to expand your skillset, including your ability to design, implement and own critical features in a product used by millions of customers. You will have access to experienced engineers as mentors and technical resources.
• Join a growing team with many opportunities for you to expand your professional and technical skills.
• Influence the technical agenda for Core Media and own critical features of a product used by millions of customers
• Work across teams and disciplines to explore technical solutions and evaluate technical tradeoffs, using the latest streaming media technologies and video capabilities.
• Improve your team's development, test, and operations practices.
• Mentor other engineers to help them grow their careers.
• Use data to solve real world problems and improve customer experience, including prioritization of incoming issues reported by customers, partners, and internal QA
• A deep understanding of Computer Science fundamentals, including algorithms, data structures, and operating systems
• Fluency in a modern programming language, ideally Java, Swift, or TypeScript
• Be a self-starter that can independently solve complex engineering problems
• Experience with streaming video delivery or playback
• Passion for software engineering with a strong sense of ownership for the code that you and your team write, and a desire to become an expert in client-side video technology
• Seek self-improvement and adapt to suggestions and feedback
• Hold yourself and your team to high standards while maintaining respectful relationships
• Ability to provide periodic on-call support for critical emergent customer-facing issues
• BS degree in Computer Science, or a related field with 8+ years of relevant experience
The Nice to Haves
• 6+ years in software engineering on shipped consumer products or platforms.
• Media technology (e.g. ExoPlayer, AVFoundation, HTML5 video)
• Streaming technology (e.g. DASH, HLS)
• DRM systems (e.g. FairPlay, Widevine)
• Device platforms (e.g. Android, iOS, tvOS)
• Video telemetry
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm5x0v-3-235-139-152-42 in your application.