Sr Staff Software Engineer
WarnerMedia seeks a Sr Staff Software Engineer for the Code Labs Engineering department.
The WarnerMedia Direct to Consumer Search team is responsible for the search platform used within the HBO Max experience. We drive a core content discovery experience that aims to quickly connect a customer to a specific video while helping them explore the catalog when they are not sure what they are looking for. As the owner of a critical part of the discovery experience, you will have the opportunity expected to use customer behavior to develop a deep understanding of your customers and apply that to each individual's entertainment activities.
• Design, architect, and support the direct-to-consumer search solution that allows customers to find the content they'd love to watch conveniently and promptly.
• Collaborating with team members and cross-functional teams to define and identify opportunities to improve customers' search experience.
• You'll become an industry expert in the world of content search
• Ideate and innovate on complex software solutions
• You are a team resource, growing other engineers and defining team software standards and engineering best practices
• Design and deliver complex architectures and distributed systems, including working through other engineers to help deliver the end solution
• Describe highly technical concepts to non-technical audiences in a way they can understand
• Be passionate about software engineering with a strong sense of ownership for the code that you and your team write
• Seek self-improvement and are adaptable to suggestions and feedback
• Proactively identifies and leads projects to improve automation of development, test, and operational processes across teams.
• Hold yourself and your team to high standards while maintaining friendly, respectful relationships
• A strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals, including algorithms, data structures, operating systems, distributed systems.
• End-to-end experience supporting large-scale backend systems in production environments
• Success in delivering and operating reliable low-latency, services operating in a 24x7 environment
• Experience with Cloud Computing platforms (AWS, Google app engine, Azure, Kubernetes)
• Experience with content search systems using modern search technology. E.g. Lucene, Elasticsearch, Solr, or an equivalent.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm5x73-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.