Sr Quality Assurance Engineer
New York, NY
WarnerMedia seeks a Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer for the Code Labs Engineering department.
Build the future of Streaming Media with us! Like to develop features that connect and impact millions of customers? The Purchase & Identity Team provides access to HBO's flagship streaming products HBO Max, no matter how you purchase your HBO Max subscription. Our products are enjoyed by millions of customers around the world. We work closely with Product and Design to present the best customer experiences for securely authenticating with hundreds of identity providers across dozens of device platforms.
As a Senior Software Developer in Test on HBO Max's Purchase and Identity Team, you will be core to ensuing the quality and testing automation strategy for HBO's flagship OTT streaming platform, along with the core applications and tooling that supports it. You will create robust, repeatable processes and automation to safeguard our customer experience as well as increase efficiency of our applications and team. Passion for learning, collaboration and fun is a must!
• Uphold and champion best practices and cultivate a culture that is committed to quality, test driven development and repeatable processes through automation and infrastructure as code, influencing not only our team, but also our client development and API engineering teams
• Develop and enforce a standard process for testing all releases that includes automation into the software build, test, and release process.
• Design and create test strategies - creating test plans and test cases for individual product releases, with an eye to validating business requirements, operational needs and real-world consumer product usage.
• Plan automation and oversee the development of automation frameworks and tooling.
• Collaborate with an engineering team working in an Agile process and continuous integration/continuous deployment process.
• Maintain exemplary knowledge of product business, functional and operational requirements in order to incorporate into test strategies, day to day testing and reporting.
• Conduct release testing, reporting individual and summarized results to Product & Technical Development team.
• Assess and communicate product/release health based upon understanding of business and consumer strategy and priorities.
• Manage multiple projects and phases of testing cycles – planning, test case development and execution simultaneously.
• Review and recommend automation tools and approaches based upon best practices and digital marketplace evolution.
• Hands on testing of applications.
• Collaborate with other world-class engineers across HBO to deliver ground-breaking content and features for the future of streaming media. Be a trusted resource whose expertise is sought after within in our team and across our QA and development engineering teams.
• Share knowledge, mentor and grow more junior staff.
• 4+ years of experience in managing and conducting quality assurance testing, including manual and automated testing
• Develop, maintain, and monitor automated test and test suites across multiple platforms and test frameworks
• Support Feature Owners and software developers with testing strategy and coverage including automated testing
• Assist QA with debugging support, verifying bug repros, implementing fixes, interpreting call stacks, proactively fixing common errors.
• Savvy with a variety of software automation tools and frameworks. Selnium, Appium or other mobile tools a plus. Familiarity with application development concepts.
• Understanding of digital development for web, mobile and streaming platforms.
• Solid understanding of how the internet works and operates, particularly in client/server transactions with a keen knowledge of HTTP, DNS, REST, etc.
• Passionate about delivering high quality digital experiences!
• Experience working with enterprise-level digital platforms and building/testing large-scale, distributed, highly available applications.
• History of evaluating product completeness and success relative to business goals and consumer needs.
• Proven success in collaborating with both business, functional and technical resources, and able to quickly identify and manage complex issues to resolution.
• Comfortable working in an environment with a high release frequency.
• Solid experience working with bug tracking tools.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• A passion for learning, sharing knowledge, mentoring, and working in a team setting with engineers of varying levels of experience.
• Bachelor's Degree or higher strongly preferred.
The Nice to Haves
• Software development experience writing large, distributed applications/services in languages such as NodeJS, Python, GoLang or Java
• Experience with observability tools such as log aggregation (Splunk/ELK), time series databases (Prometheus/Graphite) and Distributed Tracing
• Experience creating SLAs, SLOs, and SLIs for web-based services
• Experience in the media/entertainment and video streaming industry.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands