Sr. Manager, Marketing - Content Merchandising
Find out more information at HBOMax.com.
HBO Max is looking for an individual that is willing to push the boundaries of the customer lifecycle journey by identifying cutting-edge tactics with the help of data-driven insights. The Sr. Manager Lifecycle Strategy and Analysis is responsible for using data to explore new opportunity areas and help drive our full funnel lifecycle teams towards a more cohesive and engaging experience. You will partner closely with Data Science, Product, Media, Editorial, and Customer Experience to push forth strategies and methodologies with a targeted outcome of improving marketing effectiveness, driving growth, and improving customer engagement and retention. You will support a growing team that analyzes performance across the entire consumer journey, focusing on increasing LTV to reduce churn, increase consumption, and enhance content discovery through owned channels.
• Serve as the expert in understanding the relationship between subscriber behavior and every-changing market conditions and apply insights to help drive new opportunities across marketing, distribution, and content.
• Tie learnings to key performance indicators and regularly present findings to stakeholders.
• Develop and evolve strategies around identifying pain points, analyzing them, and advocating for proactive measures to be put in place in order to mitigate the effects of future occurrences.
• Working with a cross functional team to drive the evolution of data backed insights by setting up methods to quickly and effectively identify challenges and opportunities.
• Leverage quantitative insights and competitive analysis to identify opportunities to increase retention and improve subscriber quality.
• Be proactive about sharing new discoveries by collaborating with the appropriate teams within HBO Max.
• Introduce and gain alignment of analytical models and metrics to assess performance of marketing programs including response, incremental impact, engagement forecasting and deep dive analysis to understand short / long term customer behavior impacts.
• Have a clear understanding of the consumer needs and work with other analysts and data scientists across the company to find methods for improving the consumer experience.
• Bachelor's Degree in finance, marketing, statistics, or engineering; MBA or advanced degree in a quantitative discipline preferred.
• 4+ years of analytics experience, preferably in entertainment, tech, finance, or consulting.
• Proven track record of exploring insights through data and applying recommendations for action items.
• Extensive experience with interpreting data to drive customer engagement, preferably in connection with SVOD user experience.
• Knowledge of competitive landscape including SVOD and OTT services as well as deep knowledge of user engagement.
• Detail-oriented, with excellent communication and presentation skills for stakeholders at all levels.
• Advanced knowledge in Excel, Powerpoint, Google Suite
• Working knowledge of SQL/Tableau/Snowflake/Looker a plus
• Basic knowledge of elementary statistics
• Strong ability to interpret data, develop hypotheses on driving customer engagement across all organizations touching the product, and collaborate across organizations to test analyses preferred.
• Can set a vision, respond to cultural and consumer trends, as well as shifts in our business needs.
• Possesses a deep understanding of the video streaming industry as well as the data-driven.
• Executes against a vision via small, medium, and long-term projects
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands