Sr Data Engineer (Content Metadata)
We have created a new Data Insights and Operations (DIO) group within HBOMAX Direct-To-Consumer Organization to make the streaming products more data-driven. This team is looking to hire a motivated Sr. Data Engineer (Content Metadata) who will be working closely with a team of highly motivated data engineers and data scientists to build a state-of-the-art metadata platform. Together, we will build a rich content metadata library by processing various structured and unstructured data sources to help optimize content personalization, marketing and other areas within HBOMAX.
The ideal candidate will bring in his/her expertise in a wide variety of big data processing frameworks (both open source and proprietary), large scale database systems, stream data processing, API Development, machine learning operationalization, and cloud automation to support various use cases across the HBOMAX platform.
• Build software across our entire cutting-edge data platform, including event driven data processing, storage, and serving through scalable and highly available APIs.
• Wear multiple hats in a lean team – It could be analyzing data or testing your code to assure quality or supporting the platform.
• Change how we think, act, and utilize our data by performing exploratory and quantitative analytics, data mining, and discovery.
• Think of new ways to help make our data platform more scalable, resilient and reliable and then work across the team to put ideas into action.
• Work closely with data analysts and business stakeholders to make data easily accessible and understandable to them.
• Develop and enforce data engineering, security, data quality standards through automation.
• Optimize cloud costs by improving efficiency.
• Participate in supporting the platform 24x7.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or similar discipline.
• 5+ years of experience in software engineering.
• 2+ years of experience in data engineering.
• Expertise in programming languages such as Java, Scala, Python or similar.
• Experience working with OLAP databases.
• Expertise in distributed data processing frameworks such as Apache Spark or similar.
• Expertise in Natural Language Processing and working with unstructured datasets.
• Experience building and maintaining data processing and machine learning pipelines.
• Experience working with AWS cloud services is a plus.
• Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
• Go above and beyond attitude.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq806z-3-233-219-62-42 in your application.