The Presentation Platform team powers the systems that enable our backend platform to present the right mix of curated and personalized experiences to the customer. We own a broad suite of APIs that integrate with the rest of the HBO Max platform, as well as the design patterns that enable our front end partners to quickly iterate on and build the front end experiences. In this role, you'll have the opportunity to interact with the full breadth of systems that depend on our front door systems.
We need detail-oriented and data-driven leaders who know how to build and grow organizations. You will need to be excellent at attracting new talent to your team, but also know how to grow the skills of the people on the team. You need to be able to grow leaders in your organization and lead a charter that grows as your organization grows. We run services that support the interactions of millions of concurrent viewers in a 24/7 environment, so an understanding of operational excellence is a key component of your role. You will work with cross-functional team members to develop big ideas to advance your space.
• Join a growing team with many opportunities for you to expand your professional and technical skills.
• Build engaging and intuitive user experiences.
• Work directly with with product and program management to bring features to life
• Work with other engineering teams and designers to improve user experience
• Use your experience to make smart engineering decisions and own critical areas of a product used by millions of customers
• Get the opportunity to have impact across wide areas of the productCollaborate with product owners, designers, sr engineers and management on the Engineering roadmap.
• Work with technical project managers to track progress and ensure goals are being met.
• Present, communicate and advocate engineering perspectives as appropriate and needed
• Collaborate in recruiting, resume review, phone screening, and interviews to bring in top-tier talent for the team.
• Monitor, review and coach individual's performance; deliver regular performance appraisals and provide disciplinary actions as appropriate.
• Support the professional goals of the engineering team members and provide coaching ( develop and motivate staff members, create appropriately challenging projects for team members, internal development opportunities, mentoring, one-on-ones)
• Develop Team Cohesion – be able to bring people together and instill a high sense of pride in the team's accomplishments.
• Drive to results both on your team as well as with any outside dependencies.
• Have a deep understanding of Computer Science fundamentals, including algorithms, data structures, and operating systems.
• To be a quick learner that can leverage surrounding resources to solve problems.
• Maintain high quality coding standards for yourself and your team.
• Be passionate about software engineering with a strong sense of ownership for the code that you and your team write
• Seek self-improvement and are adaptable to suggestions and feedback
• Hold yourself and your team to high standards while maintaining friendly, respectful relationships
• 7+ years of experience in design, implementation, and delivery of large engineering projects
• 3+ years of experience leading teams and delivering results
• A strong understanding of large scale distributed systems
• Experience with Cloud Computing platforms (AWS, Google app engine, Azure, Kubernetes)
• Experience with cross-team coordination and collaboration
• Experience with dev-ops and 24x7 operational support for the production systems
The Nice to Haves
• Full-stack industry experience, or hands-on familiarity with both client and server technology
• Hands-on experience with distributed systems, API design, and backend service scenarios
• Have led the design, implementation, and delivery of large engineering projects that interacted with multiple teams
• Have experience as a team resource, growing other engineers and defining team software standards and engineering best practices
• Demonstrated ownership of software engineering road map and experience with managing the day-to-day activities of a team using Agile/Scrum processes
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxnnz1-3-230-144-31-42 in your application.