We won't chase the market, we will define it. We will do it because no other company can deliver our brands to consumers the way we can. We have the passion, the commitment and the support to be the best. Join our HBO Max team and show us your best.
The Manager, Editorial Strategy will assist in developing and implementing the editorial strategy and vision for the HBO Max domestic platform. In this role, you will be responsible for identifying, evaluating and executing a highly engaging curatorial experience for consumers that combines WarnerMedia brands into one HBO Max voice, delighting users through content discovery. You will collaborate closely across Content, Analytics, Marketing, Product and other teams to develop strategies that increase customer lifetimes. You will also work closely with the Publishing team to ensure content curation is delivered accurately and on time.
• Effectively influence and contribute to the editorial vision and curation strategy for pages and projects you manage that drive customer retention and engagement.
• Planning and prioritization, content curation, maintenance and creative optimization of specific in-app pages, and ensuring accuracy.
• Develop, research and analyze new strategies to increase content consumption and audience retention.
• Interpret and utilize data for continuous editorial improvements, and effectively communicate and document the process or results of your analyses cross-functionally.
• Assist Publishing counterparts to ensure schedules for pages are delivered on time and to specification.
• Understanding strategies on feature rollouts, industry standards and changes, and product improvements.
• Support Editorial externally, interfacing with Brand, Content, Publishing, Legal, and additional teams as needed.
• Provide insights and analyses to drive the development of KPIs and partner with data analytics team to understand how our audience engages with content.
• Identify and apply competitive and industry key learnings and trends.
• Stay up to date with developments in content management and generate new ideas to drive editorial strategy.
• 4+ years of experience in digital editorial products specific to user engagement and streaming or related experience at an entertainment media company.
• Prior experience and success in setting strategic context and helping develop creatives.
• Robust experience in content editorial, preferably in streaming, across all devices and operating systems.
• Knowledge of competitive landscape including SVOD, AVOD and OTT services as well as deep knowledge of Content Management Systems (CMS) and Editorial.
• Detail oriented, organized, adept at prioritizing tasks.
• Experience with taxonomy and content tagging.
• Developed creative taste and strong instinct for stories and experiences that will capture consumers.
• Ability to actively engage in strategic conversations with social insights and community perspectives.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to adapt rapidly in a fast-moving environment with shifting priorities.
The Ideal Candidate
• Has a natural passion for entertainment, a deep understanding of internet culture, familiarity with fandoms and their affinity programming, and a knack for spotting and steering great storytelling in the digital space.
• A deep knowledge of classic and current TV series is a plus.
• Effectively responds to cultural and consumer trends, as well as shifts in our business needs.
• Possesses a deep understanding of the video streaming industry as well as the data-driven personalization space and is a champion for the consumer.
• Executes against a vision via small, medium, and long-term projects.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwnyz2-34-239-160-86-42 in your application.