PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Dubbing Manager will be responsible for managing dubbing of HBO MAX and all WarnerMedia content across linear and OTT services for all required SA languages.
Collaborating closely with Internal and External parties, the Dubbing manager must ensure timely delivery and processing of dub tracks in accordance with company objectives, while adhering to brand quality and creative standards, and local broadcast regulations.
The Manager must ensure all dubbing functions work smoothly and efficiently while innovating to adapt to changing business needs.Areas of Responsibility
MANGE DUBBING PROCESS 35%
• Work with local teams and vendors to deliver best in class dubbing and metadata translation for HBO MAX and WarnerMedia content on linear and non-linear services, meeting technical and creative specifications.
• Work with internal teams and studios to effectively plan, prioritise and determine timelines. Track and manage end to end workflow to ensure timelines are met.
• Collaborate with local and international teams on preparation of creative briefs.
• Manage process for casting of dubbing talent when required.
• Manage and track SQC/VQC process. Oversee and manage any content supplier approvals.
• Ensure dubbed audio tracks are delivered via the appropriate workflow and that an accurate inventory is maintained.
• Work with global WarnerMedia teams and affiliates to fulfill localisation requirements.
• Provide support to departments such as Marketing, Creative Services and Content Sales through providing dub tracks and translated metadata.
• Provide logistical input for new localisation projects as required.
VENDOR MANAGEMENT 15%
• Participate in local vendor negotiations, raising localisation purchase orders, processing invoices and monitoring localisation budgets to meet strategic and creative goals while ensuring best market rates.
• Work with local teams on managing dubbing vendor allocation.
• Effectively plan and prioritize requests to dubbing vendors per material availability, Monthly Program Schedules and Yearly Programming calendars.
• Provide instructions to vendors on appropriate SOPs and workflows, and ensure these are adhered to.
• Liaise with vendors and other parties to provide guidance and support in resolving technical, translation and compliance issues
DATA MANAGEMENT 20%
• Maintain accurate localisation and asset records within the Broadcast Management System and dubbing inventory
• Closely monitor dubbing costs in relation to the localisation budgets.
• Communicate & liaise with local, regional and international teams, external vendors and distributors/licensors to ensure clear understanding is maintained across all parties.
• Work closely with local and international teams to develop, test and implement workflows and systems to manage new business needs as required.
• Explore and implement methods of improving and streamlining existing systems
TEAM MANAGEMENT 10%
• Oversee day to day work of direct reports and ensure all internal stakeholders have necessary information and training to work effectively
• Develop, motivate and lead team to adapt to business growth and opportunities.
• Degree or equivalent experience in Dubbing business.
• Minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience in dubbing industry.
• Experience in Content Operations – media management, tracking materials and dealing with third parties etc., and minimum of 2 years of management experience and leading a team.
• General knowledge of the technical requirements for broadcast media
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team, manage projects, solve logistical problems, and deliver on time
• Ability to manage and motivate a team
• High level of communication & organizational skills, plus strong eye for details.
• Fluency in English, Hindi and 1 other South Indian language.
• General knowledge of the SA Broadcast industry dubbed languages
• Experience in General Entertainment and Kids programming
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4w39y-54-161-98-96-42 in your application.