Title: Director of Market Strategy & Operations
Business Unit: HBO Max (WarnerMedia Direct to Consumer)
Reports to: Head of Data, Insights & Planning, SEA & India
WarnerMedia Inc. is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO GO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others. Warner Media is part of AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T).
HBO Max is the future of entertainment and storytelling
HBO Max® is WarnerMedia's direct-to-consumer platform, offering best in class quality entertainment. HBO Max features the greatest array of storytelling for all audiences from the iconic brands of HBO, Warner Bros., DC, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and much more including quality local original programming. The streaming platform initially launched in the United States in May 2020 and is expanding globally to markets including South East Asia and India in the near future.
Primary purpose of position:
WarnerMedia will be expanding HBO Max to Southeast Asia and India. The Director of Market Strategy & Operations is an exciting and unique opportunity for a strategic thinker and data-driven leader to influence and shape the international success of our new Direct-to-Consumer streaming service. You will be responsible and accountable for Data Insights & Business Intelligence projects related to HBO Max across South Asia.
Reporting to the Head of Data, Insights & Planning, South Asia, and working closely with HBO Max Finance, the HBO Global Max Team (GMT) and the HBO Max South Asia senior leadership team, the candidate will be responsible for conducting a range of qualitative and quantitative analyses that will provide the Director of Market Strategy and Operations with:
• Hands-on opportunities to support core strategy from professionals with deep media, finance and consulting and operating experience
• A strong vantage-point from which to understand and solve key media and entertainment business issues
• Exposure to senior divisional executives that can help develop a successful career path within the media industry
Essential job functions:
• Responsible for business analysis and insights, business planning, regional operating processes and managing cross-functional projects by building strong relationships across the company
• Evaluating and executing on strategic market opportunities and identifying and solving operational problems
• Stepping in and executing alongside or in place of functions when needed as well on special projects as identified by your Manager or the Managing Director, SEA and India from time to time.
• Develop strategic and financial business plans for the launch of HBO Max in South Asia
• Coordinate primary research and conduct secondary market research to analyze media market and SVOD trends both globally and locally
• Demonstrate knowledge of financial principles and understand the key drivers of the DTC business specific to SEA and India
• Perform detailed qualitative and quantitative analysis to help determine optimal plans for launch and expansion including supporting LRP and budget submission process
• Collaborate with both internal partners such as Finance, Legal, Technology and work with the local WM international teams to help develop GTM strategies
• Write and present well-argued and structured presentations to senior management
• Ability to build clear and concise presentation decks, translating complex business stories into an easy-to-understand narrative
• Develop and sustain working relationships with executives across WarnerMedia
• Passionate and have a deep understanding of the direct-to-consumer video business in the region
• Ideal candidates should possess 8-10 years' experience including strategic consulting and/or corporate strategy, and / or financial planning & analysis within Media & Entertainment industries
• Generalist skill-set that is equally comfortable analyzing data, coordinating internal events, speaking to partners, or negotiating a deal
• You have proven results demonstrating thought leadership and business judgment, developing and interpreting deep data analysis and presenting rigorous analysis and insights with simplicity, clarity, and confidence
• Rapid and effective decision-making skills
• Ability to learn new concepts, technologies, and businesses quickly and to produce quality work in short time-frames
• Relevant media/entertainment/digital business experience is strongly preferred
• The individual must be highly motivated and a self-starter, with the ability to work collaboratively in a team
• Ideal candidates will have strong analytical/problem solving skills and superior writing and presentation skills
• Strong excel skills – ability to build models by identifying market assumptions, forecast P&L revenue and cost drivers, and perform break-even analysis
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rznmw1-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.