New York, NY
Digital Designer (Freelance) - HBO
Come join the growing team that earned the 2019 Webby Award for Best Overall Social Presence. This position will be responsible for the ideation and creation of design assets for various HBO Brand digital platforms. This includes aesthetically on-brand assets, campaigns, and themes and will work closely with Art Directors, Strategists, Editors, and Producers within the HBO Brand team.
Design and create visual and motion assets for HBO's digital platforms, including social media content, HBO.com and themed campaigns. Ensure consistency of brand and creative across digital platforms.
• Ideate and collaborate within the Brand team, working closely with editors, producers, and strategy team members to help manage and produce the visuals for HBO Brand's platforms.
• Expert knowledge of platform capabilities and can help suggest new ideas, etc. This includes Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok and more.
• Help maintain consistency of content designed for Brand.
• Staying current with the latest trends in social design, etc.
• Additional creative assignments or tasks for internal brand marketing efforts including sourcing photography, resizing images, and digital production.
• 2 years+ of successful professional design experience, preferably at a digital agency or in-house team.
• Strong portfolio of design work, showing good solutions to problems through effective design.
• Experience in social media, web, and motion related design.
• Strong work ethic and personal accountability.
• Attention to detail and a good eye for composition.
• Time management skills.
• Proficient with the Adobe Creative Suite.
• Comfortable receiving feedback and asking questions.
• Strong understanding of digital design, typography, technology and digital standards, and can make informed recommendations to improve the work.
• Collaborative and curious
This position would start as remote since the department is currently working that way but will transition to on-location when the office opens up again.