*Please note this role can be located in Copenhagen OR Budapest OR Madrid
The Digital Creative Services team is a mix of professionals with expertise in branding and performance focused on the full-funnel customer experience. We're looking for talented team members who understand the power of brand and design as well as KPI's, call-to-action and promotion within digital advertising channels.
As the Creative Project Coordinator for HBO Max EMEA, your focus is on the delivery of newsletters and social media posts. You will coordinate between the internal clients, the design team and the copywriter team. You will be responsible for creating e-mail communication and newsletters in e-mail builder tools.
Your client is the CRM, Social Media and Display Ad team. Together with the CRM team, you actively coordinate and build the newsletter and 'SoMe' campaigns, using the assets and following the concept from the Design and Copywriting teams.
You adhere to the execution of the delivery calendar and make sure all assets arrive in time for campaign implementations.
This job isn't just about day-to-day building of creative campaigns that blows KPIs through the roof. It's also about building a meaningful, long-lasting relationship between our brand, millions of people, and the entertainment we all love.
• Daily coordination of CRM, social media and dynamic display campaigns from a production point of view, across all EMEA countries.
• Execute multi-faceted creative marketing campaigns that drive acquisition, engagement and retention.
• Assemble newsletters using e-mail builder tools from graphical and copy assets.
• Quality control of the newsletters across email clients.
• Quickly adapt creative solutions in response to data, analytics, and feedback to improve creative performance for CRM campaigns.
• Partner with developers and CRM teams to ensure the feasibility of concepts and accuracy of execution.
• Collaborate with regional teams ensuring local relevance of all creative proposals and strategies.
• Find smart ways to use data and customer research to evaluate and improve the creative strategy.
• Work closely with stakeholders to define creative strategies that generate value to the user experience, create engagement and increase conversion rates.
• Collaborate and guide the internal creative team in the proposal and execution of ideas and campaigns assets.
• Define creative specifications outlining components and guidelines to ensure a consistent experience across touchpoints.
• Solid experience in creative content production management (a specialist in CRM / newsletters, social media or display ad production).
• Strong understanding of digital marketing best practices and scheduling tactics.
• High attention to detail.
• Experience in CRM measurement and analyzing success of content.
• Ability to work across multiple projects, under tight deadlines and stay focused simultaneously on the big picture and the smallest details.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills with high attention to detail.
• Self-starter and the ability to creatively problem solve.
• Excellent command of English.
The Nice to Haves
• Intercultural communication experience and additional European languages.
• HTML basic knowledge.
• Quality control experience in digital production.
• Some experience working with Search, SEO and Google Analytics and/or Google Certifications.
Our people make WM the inspiring organisation it is today.
At WarnerMedia, our commitment starts with you! As a company of storytellers and journalists we have a responsibility to make sure we have a collection of voices and people whose stories reflect and connect with the global audiences and communities we serve.
WarnerMedia, and its suite of brands like Warner Bros., CNN, HBO Max, HBO, TNT, TBS, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Boomerang and many more, have long been committed to equity and inclusion as moral and business imperatives. It is essential that our content and creative partners reflect the diversity of our society and the world around us. Together with other production companies, networks, guilds, unions, talent agencies and others in the industry, WarnerMedia is committed to greater inclusion of people of color, women, the LGBTQ community, those with disabilities and other underrepresented groups in greater numbers both in front of and behind the camera
There really has never been a better and more exciting time to join WarnerMedia. For more information on how to join our company and our commitment to diversity and inclusion, please click here.