The Broadcast & IT Support Engineer requires a wide range of technical skills necessary to perform support, maintenance and installation of broadcast and IT equipment in both studio and outside broadcast facilities in a fast-paced production environment.
Area of Responsibility
• Provide on-site user support for newsroom systems, edit clients for non-linear and digital and desktop PCs, Telephones including installation, problem correction, removal/replacement, or other tasks as necessary to ensure continuation of customer work productivity and/or on-air transmission.
• Support and maintain active production facilities in Mexico (including regional home studios or remote sites). Repair, calibration and installation of audio & video broadcast/IT equipment. This includes equipment within the production facilities such as control rooms and studios (cameras, switchers, audio mixers, multi-viewers, intercom system, monitors, graphic equipment, server/playback, etc.) and related supporting infrastructure in TGR/data center and master control areas, transmission sites and throughout any broadcast infrastructure plants supported by the team.
• Participate on technology design, installation, and integration projects with complex, leading-edge technology in an increasingly broadcast IP and IT centric environment. This includes broadcast and server-based systems, data networking (e.g., routers, switches) and other comparable equipment.
• Document quality standards, system anomalies, operational procedures, reference materials, and project work. Use of 1) AutoCAD & Microsoft Visio for system documentation and 2) ITSM ticketing tool to log incidents/requests. Ensure sufficient inventory of parts and technology supplies, working with procurement and asset management teams to order and track inventory.
• 2 or 4 year technical degree, preferably electronics (or equivalent education/experience/training)
• Demonstrated knowledge of computer and data networking hardware and applications to ensure complete technical support in the field.
• Typically four or more years of experience in television, multimedia content, IT client service or broadcast maintenance capacity, with a demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and repair broadcast and computer equipment at the board level.
• Demonstrated familiarity with server, networking topology and operating systems administration (e.g., Windows, Unix, Mac OS, etc.) .
• Problem solver who is able to perform well in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrated experience with television or multimedia production workflows
• English: fluent (speaking, reading, writing)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjqv3b-3-215-177-171-42 in your application.