New York, NY
Brand Manager (Freelance)
Find out more information at HBOMax.com .
The brand marketing team generates awareness and affinity for HBO and HBO Max through paid and earned media campaigns. We accomplish our objectives through uncompromising drive, methodical attention to detail, and the curiosity and courage to push beyond the ordinary. Building upon the legacy of the brands and networks we bring to our consumers, our marketing reflects the passion and groundbreaking nature seen in our stories. We're looking for a team player who isn't afraid to lend their voice and perspective but puts the creative output above everything else.
The Freelance Manager, Brand Marketing Strategy and Planning will be responsible for helping shape the strategic and creative development of all HBO and HBO Max 2021 upper-funnel campaigns. This person will also coordinate with internal stakeholder groups and external agencies on long-term brand planning efforts as the HBO Max continues to scale domestically and internationally. The ideal candidate is an entertainment enthusiast who has 4-5 years of B2C brand marketing experience or brand strategy/account planning experience at a creative agency.
• Uncover insights that help shape creative briefs or identify key moments for paid and earned media tactics
• Work with brand campaign team, internal creative services team and external agencies to ensure strategic alignment across tactical development and execution
• Coordinate brand planning efforts with digital/social team, media planning, growth marketing, international marketing, research and other groups
• Author competitive brand overviews with implications and analysis for HBO Max
• Assist in development of various brand planning documents and presentations
• Bachelor's degree and/or relevant experience
• 4+ years of B2C brand marketing experience or brand strategy/account planning experience at a creative agency
• Experience with project management, with a proven record to develop strategic frameworks
• Ability to analyze, interpret data and use insights to inform programs and initiatives.
• Excellent at critical thinking and problem solving.
• A natural at building productive cross functional relationships.
• Able to operate with a high degree of accuracy, attention to detail, and accountability on action items.
• Ability to work collaboratively across the organization with employees at all levels.
• Able to manage multiple projects at a fast pace and high volume.
• Adaptable under pressure with tight and changing deadlines.
• Savvy in building decks and able to synthesize strategy and plans to present to managers and leadership.
• Outstanding presentation skills and communication skills.
• A strong passion for pop culture and entertainment with their ear to the ground on new trends.
• Proficient in Keynote, Microsoft Office, Google Suite, project management tools (i.e. Airtable)