WYMT is the CBS affiliate and dominate number one station in the scenic Appalachian Mountains of Southeastern Kentucky. This regional station is located in the small town of Hazard, and has three bureaus and serves more than 25 counties. WYMT provides award-winning local news, weather, and sports coverage. WYMT.com is the region's most powerful digital platform. WYMT is involved and dedicated to the local communities we serve, participating in numerous charities and causes.
A second channel, Heroes & Icons (H&I), allows WYMT to offer even more local programming, including dozens of live high school and college football and basketball games each year. The WYMT/Food City Mountain Basketball Classic has generated more than four and a half million dollars for local students and schools. WYMT has a proven record of turning out solid journalists capable of moving up in the ranks. Several anchors and producers have moved on to Top 20 markets in the last couple of years.
You can enjoy all four seasons … from snow-covered mountains in the winter to blooming dogwoods in the spring. With miles of trails and lakes, it is a popular destination for outdoor recreation, hunting, and fishing. The people of Appalachia are full of pride in their home and culture, and some of the most welcoming you will find. We have a strong work ethic and are always willing to help our neighbors. You will certainly find a ''mountain family'' atmosphere at WYMT.
Start where it all began for former ESPN anchor Jay Crawford and CrossFit Games host Derek Forrest. This aggressive, sports-minded station is focused on LOCAL sports. You must be passionate, have a strong work ethic, and a ''can-do'' attitude to join our award-winning sports team. We do more than just cover the highlights. We tell stories! We do a LOT of sports - High School, UK Wildcats, NCAA, NAIA, and OVC.
WYMT has a proven record of turning out solid journalists capable of moving up the ranks quickly. We have several reporters and producers working in Top 20 markets and higher. We work hard and have fun! Great station! Great company!
Duties/Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Deliver on-air sports events in an engaging, exciting, and accurate manner
• Use editorial judgment to help determine content of the sportscast
• Work with producers and team to create unique, fast-paced sportscast
• Use social media to determine content of sportscast and highlight big social stories
• Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance sportscast and stories.
• Write for the web and post daily on all digital platforms including social media and attaching images and streaming video
• Deliver unscripted breaking sports coverage and special event coverage to the community at large
• Other duties as assigned
• Successful applicants must possess creative storytelling skills, a terrific grasp of current events, strong organizational skills, and the ability to shoot and edit your own video. All anchors report daily but must also have the skills to produce, not stack, a fast-paced and informative sportscast. Degree in broadcast journalism or one year experience. English majors and print journalists are encouraged to apply.
Come join our dynamic sports/news team, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
WYMT-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d83njx-3-239-6-58-42 in your application.