Sports Camera Operator
Remote / Virtual
Producer / Editor - Raycom Sports
About Raycom Sports:
Charlotte, N.C. based Raycom Sports is a leader for compelling storytelling, production, and content distribution across all platforms. With an award-winning production team, Raycom creates original feature programming, produces RSN College Football & Basketball and manages the Atlantic Coast Conference's archival footage, mobile applications, social media, and the official ACC website.
The responsibility of the Producer / Editor involves the creation, coordination and development of original programming for Raycom Sports' Origin Sports, an all-new F.A.S.T./OTT 24/7 free network that will deliver an array of archived event-driven programming and blend in original productions of sports biggest stars. This position requires the ability to tell stories in both a creative and cinematic way. In addition, it requires the ability to visualize and execute an idea from start to finish, using skills in producing and video editing. Work on original programming involves developing storytelling themes, formatting shows, the procurement of guests, working with hosts, research, producing, and general supervision of the entire show through the edit.
The primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Develop, produce, edit and schedule original programming including long and short form shows, stories, features, and teases.
• Make editorial decisions as well as create and execute a vision, build story content, and workflow.
• Research, conduct interviews, and log video.
• Assist in the organization and editing of classic games for the channel.
• Meet production deadlines on a timely basis.
• Oversight of graphics used in all programming.
• Integrate sponsors into programming.
• Organize AVID projects.
• Assist in the hiring of free-lance personnel for shoots and edits.
• Some traveling for stories and shows is possible.
• Experience producing, editing, and organizing projects with large amounts of media.
• Knowledge and passion for a variety of sports.
• Team player who enjoys working in a collaborative process and is willing and able to work with a wide range of roles within the Raycom Sports team.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Have the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
• Proficiency in technical equipment (computers, audio/video production equipment).
• Knowledge of audio/video tape storage and archiving procedures.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d88336-34-236-187-155-42 in your application.
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.