Imagine working in a place where most people travel to for vacation. That's what you'll find at the WJHG-TV/NBC and WECP-TV/CBS Affiliate in Panama City Beach, Florida! The area is home to a booming tourism industry, local military bases, and a rapidly growing local economy. WJHG/WECP prides itself on being a leader not only in news, but also in serving the local community, with a strong presence at local events. Our mission is to cover news that digs deeper and holds true to solid journalistic ethics and to offer businesses the best options to market their products and services including a full service digital marketing department. Our number one rated award-winning team is all about leadership and growth, and we stay on top of the latest technical advances. Join our fast-paced team and enjoy a laid back lifestyle at WJHG/WECP in beautiful Panama City Beach.
We are seeking qualified candidates for the position of Producer/Web Producer who have a passion for news gathering, and can quickly produce content on air and online. The ideal candidate has great writing skills and solid news judgment. Candidates should be able to think quickly under deadlines, with strong leadership and organizational skills. Someone who can multi-task, while paying attention to details and accuracy, is a must. Candidates should have a good understanding of how news is delivered on multiple platforms, including social media, and technical skills to work in a competitive newsroom environment. This job requires flexible hours, and a creative thinker who can bring fresh energy to our number one news team.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Producing and/or assisting producing weekday newscasts.
- Ability to fill in on other shifts as needed, including weekends.
- Assisting with digital producing, including web and social, OTT, and shooting/editing video as directed by news management.
- Taking direction and learning under guidance of news management and senior producers.
- Enterprising story ideas and covering a variety of assignments.
- A BA/BS degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field is required for this position.
- Prior professional experience working in news media is preferred.
- Strong professional social media skills.
- Solid technical and computer skills.
- A valid driver's license and good driving record.
Qualified, interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1zbj0-35-172-223-251-42 in your application.