Specialist, Production Technology Partnerships and Outreach
Los Angeles, CA
Director, Digital Marketing Platforms Technology (FX Networks)
Director, Digital Marketing Platforms Technology (FX – Los Angeles, CA 90064)
FX is seeking a Director of Digital Marketing Platforms Technology that works with teams across the FX multi-platform marketing group, Disney and external vendor partners on all managed best-in-class digital marketing platforms in support of FX original programming, FX on Hulu exclusives and the FX brand. The role supports the network's branded consumer facing marketing platforms and promotional campaigns via online and mobile, digital marketing experiences, new platform integrations, as well as team applications that increase overall efficiency of the Digital Marketing group.
• Ideate, plan, execute and successfully deliver on concurrent digital marketing platform projects gaining consensus from stakeholders, overseeing external vendors and working with internal cross-functional teams.
• Plan, coordinate and direct all activities associated with creating and maintaining project plans, communication plans, risks and issues leveraging best practices.
• Oversee project status including budget management and reporting, removing impediments and escalating issues to leadership as required.
• Leverage experience with Agile and SCRUM methodologies to lead project teams on a daily basis to the successful delivery of software development projects.
• Evaluate emerging consumer marketing platforms and technology, provide recommendations and develop plans of action for new projects.
• Work with Disney and vendor engineering teams to influence software development to meet the cloud and infrastructure needs and improve the manageability and the supportability of the cloud products.
• Strategize with senior tech leaders and executives to develop innovative technology initiatives with a primary focus on availability, supportability, scalability, security, and performance.
• Continuously revise cloud spend, re-evaluate cost-effective technologies, making necessary infrastructure changes to keep costs low.
• Configure and tune an enterprise monitoring and instrumentation system(s) to efficiently detect existing issues and predict future ones based on trends.
• Perform hands-on technical work, stay up-to-date with technology and assist the technical vendor partner.
• Bachelor's degree with a technology focus required.
• 4+ years' experience technical project management for web applications for a consumer facing internet, agency or entertainment company preferred.
• 4+ years of hands-on experience as an individual contributor in a systems administrator/engineer/developer of DevOps role working on highly scalable distribution systems.
• Experience managing infrastructure in AWS, including experience leveraging one or more coding languages for automation.
• Media or entertainment industry experience is a plus.
• Must be proactive, multifaceted, capable of working on concurrent complex projects and able to communicate effectively to digital team members, vendors and executives.
• Strong familiarity with web technologies and previous development experience.
• Experience with budgeting and scope review from a product development perspective.
• Must be able to drive complex projects with minimal oversight.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d93bbm-3-238-98-214-42 in your application.
FX Networks is comprised of the networks FX, FXX and FXM, the video on-demand app FXNOW and the commercial-free on-demand service FX+. FX, the flagship general entertainment basic cable channel, launched in June of 1994 and is carried in 88 million homes.