Culver City, CA
Senior Manager, Royalties - Funimation
Funimation is looking for a talented and motivated Senior Manager, Royalties to join our team. This role will oversee the calculation and reporting of royalties to our content partners. Summary of responsibilities include calculating and analyzing royalties, generating royalty statements, and coordinating with the content acquisition team. The Senior Manager, Royalties will also be tasked with continuous improvements of processes and procedures to improve efficiency.
A successful Senior Manager, Royalties combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting to analyze financial reports. The selected candidate will be hard-working, independent, and a quick learner.
• Manage the overall royalties and contingent payment operations
• Prepare and send out royalty statements to 3rd party licensors
• Analyze and monitor revenue ingestion into royalty system
• Manage external inquiries and statement reconciliation
• Coordinate with content acquisition team and the legal team on licensor and new contract set up
• Coordinate with AP on billing and payment validation
• Build models and generate accounting analysis on royalty expenses
• Contribute to royalty system development, testing and implementation
• Ad hoc financial and content analysis
• Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting
• 5-7 years of relevant experience
• Awareness of business trends
• Familiarity analyzing financial accounting statements
• Advanced MS Excel skills and data mining tools
• Accuracy, attention to detail and ability to work independently
• Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
• Experience in Entertainment Industry
• Experience in public accounting
• MBA or CPA
Funimation offers competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, life, short & long-term disability, 401(k) with a generous company match, ongoing employee development.
*Funimation is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Sony Pictures' global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.