Director, Theatrical Marketing
Culver City, CA
Manager, Catalog & Retail Marketing - Funimation
The Manager of Catalog & Retail Marketing is responsible for taking the strategic lead on the development and management of all Funimation home entertainment national catalog goals and objectives. The Manager is responsible for delivering on the revenue goals for Funimation's portfolio of anime titles in all formats (digital sell-through, DVD and Blu-ray) and with all of Funimation's retail partners. The Manager is also responsible for retail focused marketing and product development that increases retail engagement and drives sell through for Funimation products at retail. The Manager of Catalog and Retail Marketing reports to the Director of Home Entertainment Marketing.
• Responsible for implementing the yearly national catalog plan including pricing, unit and sales goals, title specific opportunities, promotional programs, product lifecycle and data analytics.
• Provides expertise and insights on industry trends for the category and retail merchandising including pricing, product configurations, retail environments and key changes, competitive slates, and best in class marketing executions.
• Leads and executes catalog and retail specific marketing plans, including establishing creative direction, retail promotional ideas, and exclusive modular products in close collaboration with shared service teams.
• Responsible for setting street dates and product configurations on catalog products and retail exclusives.
• Recommends and oversees the execution of the marketing mix including paid media, promotions for catalog and retail marketing campaigns.
• Closely aligns with Brand Marketing to understand title specific consumer insights and strategies and creates plans that adhere to brand positioning and sales goals.
• Collaborates with Brand Marketing, Sales and shared services to develop channel and retail specific ideas and then leads execution.
• Shares marketing ideas with channel teams (SVOD, Home Entertainment New Release, SHOP), Brand Marketing and shared service teams to maximize broader opportunities throughout the company.
• Partners with Sales to develop and implement national catalog programs effectively at retail, to identify retail specific opportunities and to provide input on retail placement.
• Implements yearly category and catalog promotion post-mortems, to garner key learnings with which to shape future strategies and tactics.
• Responsible for creating Sales Deck/Presentations.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Consumer Orientation - Able to think consumer-first, distill insights and drive relevant strategies that drive Funimation catalog sales.
• Customer Orientation - Understands the current retail environment and quickly changing priorities at physical and digital retailers.
• Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Uses practical experience to complement data.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
• Team collaboration and leadership – Able to influence others, drive consistent execution, effectively address challenges and lead a team of peers to solutions.
• Business Acumen – Agile decision-making, ability to formulate a strong POV and adjust plans strategically in a changing environment.
• High Initiative- Able to create and drive plans independently.
• Key Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant marketing experience in a fast-paced, product-oriented, consumer-driven company.
• Build marketing strategies tied to a business plan (long and short-term).
• Consumer and Business Analytics.
• Budgeting, ROI Quantification.
• Internal and External client partnership-building.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, to include: creative briefs, business plans, presentations (Power Point, Keynote, and verbal).
• Strong organization and time management skills.
• Previous experience at home entertainment and/or retail environment.
• Proficiency in Japanese is a bonus.
• Current anime fan or desire to deeply understand anime and the anime fan.
• Microsoft Office (Outlook, PowerPoint & Excel).
Funimation offers competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, life, short & long-term disability, 401(k) with a generous company match, ongoing employee development.
*Funimation Global Group is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Sony Pictures' global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.