Culver City, CA
Engineering Manager - (ECommerce)Funimation
Funimation is looking for a Engineering Manager (ECommerce) to join our growing Engineering and technology team. We are looking for an intrepid problem-solver to dive into this growth space and design and deliver innovative software solutions, and to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
You will work alongside product management, design, and marketing to define and build solutions fans love. You will be responsible for building and leading a team of engineers to architect, design, and develop cutting edge technologies. This leader will work with senior engineers and other leaders to solve difficult technical problems.
The ideal candidate will have an established background architecting and developing B2C commerce solutions. This person must also be a strong leader and an excellent communicator who can articulate technical design tradeoffs with senior technical leaders.
• Manage the development and deployment of functionality on the Salesforce Commerce Cloud (SFCC).
• Ensure accuracy, availability, and reliability of the Funimation eCommerce website
• Manage team to scale distributed systems, make architectural trade-offs, review code, and deliver with speed and quality.
• Serve as a technical lead for an Agile team and actively participate in all Agile ceremonies.
• Collaborating with Product and Program Managers to develop a long-term roadmap with achievable estimates; ensuring software engineering priorities are included within the roadmap.
• Coordinate and administer assignments, monitor team progress, and maintain schedules.
• Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an agile environment. Directly manage and mentor a team of engineers as well as working with outside vendors to boost our delivery capability, whether in-house, off-shore, or third-party.
• Ensure development of extensible architectures and solid technical designs
• Provide expertise for teams in all matters related to deployment, building and release process.
• Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives where needed.
• May serve as architect or project lead in the course of large or complex projects.
• Manage a team of product engineers into a highly performing engineering product team.
• Mentor and grow engineers. Have a vested interest in their direct report's long-term career and life goals and help them manage plans to reach those goals
• Help shape a cultural high bar for security, performance, reliability, and maintainability of software
• Likes working at a fast pace, is self-directed, and able to manage multiple concurrent competing challenges, issues and priorities
The minimum qualifications & requirements for this position include:
• 5+ Years of experience in B2C ECommerce solutions.
• 3+ Experience integrating with 3rd party OMS, CRM, WMS and 3PL
• 3+ Years of experience integrating with 3rd party Tax and Payment gateways
• Familiarity with Salesforce Commerce Cloud / Demandware is a plus
• Good understanding of architecture and design patterns
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
• Technical degree required; Computer Science or Math background highly desired
• Ability to work with others: You have excellent interpersonal skills. You're a good listener.
• Strong communication skills: You are articulate and persuasive while able to listen and incorporate the perspectives of others.
• Work ethic: You do what it takes to make a launch go well, which involves working with technical operations, product support, product marketing, merchandising, and communicating directly with our community. You are equally comfortable taking personal ownership for a task as delegating it.
• Creativity: You love to solve problems large and small.
• Must have legal right to work in the U.S
Funimation offers competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, life, short & long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and ongoing employee development.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Sony Pictures' global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.