Director, Global Content Operations
Culver City, CA
Director, Global Collectibles Distribution - Funimation
If it's anime, it's Funimation.
As the market leader in anime, we proudly deliver incredible fan experiences across television, feature films, events, collectibles, and the Funimation App.
Headquartered in the US and connected by our global network, we're an anime-obsessed crew of media, tech, gaming and entertainment experts. As one of 400+ team members serving more than 49 countries and 10 languages, you'll play a key role in a worldwide community where fans and their passion will always have a place to belong.
Funimation is an independently-operated joint venture between US-based Sony Pictures Entertainment, and Japan's Aniplex, a subsidiary of Sony Music Entertainment (Japan) Inc. Visit funimation.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Funimation is looking for a Director, Global Collectibles Distribution to join our team. The Director, Global Collectibles Distribution will be responsible for leading the Collectibles operations team on end-to-end collectibles development, manufacturing and distribution. The ideal candidate has experience building teams within global supply chain operations, can think strategically, and is comfortable working with a variety of 1st and 3rd party service providers while driving forward the success of the broader Global Commerce team. Extensive experience in supply chain, inventory planning, manufacturing and logistics is strongly preferred.
Operating across our global markets, the Director, Global Collectibles Distribution will lead the successful navigation of a physical distribution landscape for both 1st party and 3rd party fulfillment and the harmonization of the team's practices, while always ensuring on-time and reliable delivery to our clients and customers.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, and able to juggle multiple responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and unwavering attention to detail at all times.
• Manage all operations staff and processes within Collectibles including authoring, compression, manufacturing, inventory and supply chain management, purchasing, customer support/service, sales order fulfilment, shipping and receiving.
• Partner with Sales on forecasts and Finance to develop Operations budget including staffing, procurement and inventory planning.
• Partner with Data Analytics team to consistently analyze, measure and provide actionable insights on relevant KPIs, metrics, and business objectives; implement quarterly and annual planning (internal and with key partners)
• Maintain current knowledge of retail industry, e-commerce channel and customer insights to identify strategic trends and opportunities
• Provides monthly insights into cost variances , and inventory adjustments as well as provide quarterly review of obsolescences recommendation to Finance.
• Oversee item master setup and BOM process.
• Drive transportation strategies to support future business needs
• Continuous review of services to improve and maximize shipping lead-time for global shipping lanes
• Provide insights and input into product placement, SKU management, pricing/repricing strategies, and goal forecasting.
• Coordinate with 3rd party logistics service providers and warehouses to meet strategic & cost control requirements, including but not limited to evaluation, negotiation & contract finalization.
• Oversee all aspects of compliance requirements related to the import/export of commodities, conducted in accordance with applicable statutory requirements as set forth by the Department of Homeland Security and Customs and Border Protection (CBP).
• Create and implement standards, policy, best practices, and SOPs.
• 10+ years of experience in physical supply chain operations or related experience;
• 4+ years of experience managing diverse, highly efficient, detail-oriented teams
• Experience within the entertainment/consumer packaged goods industry collaborating with both internal and external sales and management teams is strongly preferred
• Prior work experience within a fast-paced eCommerce environment is required
• Experience working with buying teams from major retailers (physical or digital) strongly preferred
• Experience with retail landscape, Entertainment and/or Consumer Packaged Goods industry, market factors and strategies strongly preferred
• Experience in managing all aspects of Operations and inventory to meet budget targets
• Experience in supply chain, inventory planning, purchasing and logistics.
• Experience in operationalization of complex workflows and systems and process improvement
• Hands-on experience managing business-critical operational processes and driving process improvement initiatives
• Strong understanding of cost and inventory accounting.
• Ability to adapt rapidly in a fast-moving environment with shifting priorities; candidate must be able to create their team's direction yet balance cross functional needs, reacting quickly, dynamically, and intelligently
• Ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally at all levels; exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work with others: You have excellent interpersonal skills. You're a good listener. You place the success of the company ahead of any particular idea. Proven ability to work across a matrixed organization
• Work ethic: You do what it takes to make a project go well. You are equally comfortable taking personal ownership for a task as delegating it.
• Creativity: You love to solve problems large and small.
• Must have legal right to work in the US
Funimation offers competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, life, short & long-term disability, 401(k) with a generous company match, ongoing employee development.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1o54v-3-236-98-69-42 in your application.
Sony Pictures' global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.