Sr. Business Systems Analyst
Culver City, CA
Accounts Receivable Accountant - FUNIMATION
Funimation is looking for a talented and motivated Accounts Receivable Accountant to join our team. This role will provide financial, clerical, and administrative services to ensure customer payments are managed, received timely, and applied accurately. The AR clerk will be tasked with continuous improvements of processes and procedures, in order to improve efficiency of all departmental products. Knowledge in GAAP accounting is needed. The candidate selected will be hard-working, independent, and a quick learner.
• Maintain up-to-date billing system and accounts receivable customer files and records
• Generate and send out invoices
• Monitor customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments, and other irregularities
• Follow up on, collect and allocate payments, and process adjustments
• Carry out billing, collection, and reporting activities according to specific deadlines
• Research and resolve payment discrepancies and investigate and resolve customer queries
• Perform account reconciliations and generate age analysis
• Ensure accuracy of applying cash receipts per the customer remittance and properly code miscellaneous receipts to the correct G/L cash, accounts receivable, and revenue account
• Prepare daily and monthly reconciliation of cash receipts to the G/L and bank statements
• Monthly reconciliation of unapplied receipts
• Review and process debit and credit memo requests for account adjustments related to tax; disputes and refunds to customer
• Ensure integrity of the G/L accounting distribution for cash receipts, invoices and A/R adjustments, as it relates to the activity in the receivable sub-ledger
• Communicate with customers via phone, email, and/or mail
• Contribute to month end close as needed
• Ensure data integrity, consistency and accuracy through proper application of accounting principles
• Responsible for the preparation of all required interim and final audit work-papers and ensure that work-papers and/or schedules are completed by the required due date
• Responsible for the accuracy of work-papers and/or schedules and analyzing and explaining any variances or discrepancies
• Research inquiries from other departments and respond in a timely manner
• Responsible for adhoc analysis and projects as needed
• Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting
• 3 plus years in Accounting
• Thorough knowledge of Accounts Receivable functions
• Account Receivable experience in distribution/retail
• Good understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and able to put them into practice
• Ability to balance multiple priorities, meet deadlines, and work independently
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with all levels of the company
• Effective team player with demonstrated work ethic and a strong initiative to succeed
• Demonstrate understanding of assigned processes and ability to identify process improvements
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel is required
• Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
Funimation offers competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, life, short & long-term disability, 401(k) with a generous company match, ongoing employee development.
Funimation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
*Funimation is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Sony Pictures' global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.