News Reporter / MMJ
Fox TV Stations
Fox Television Stations is one of the nation's largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 29 stations in 18 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Seattle.
• Maintain daily content of non-linear edit system as needed. Responsible for daily editing (cutting and labeling) and working with current, state-of-the-art equipment in a digital format. Must be able to use both hands to operate the equipment. Responsible for meeting constant daily news deadlines.
• Respond quickly to the producers' requests for show and video requirements for the broadcast. Based on the producer's needs and established guidelines, use judgment to pick the best video for the story. Demonstrate competency with video editing equipment and have proficient computer skills. Must use hands to operate the equipment and keyboard. Work with Producers and/or Executive Producers as they review all stories.
• Work effectively with news management and newsroom personnel to develop content and production of newscasts. Maintain open communication with News Director and all station personnel to efficiently, respectfully and professionally complete news assignments with efficiency and quality.
• Occasionally set up, adjust, assemble, control, test and operate station equipment to meet editing requirements.
• Regularly receive and distribute information and instruction, via telephone, headset, e-mail and memo, to station personnel or production team in a live news environment.
• Stay abreast of new techniques and video products. Contribute story ideas.
JOB RELATED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Positive Attitude
• Problem Solving and Decision Making
• Commitment to Excellence
• Team player
• Attention to detail
• Excellent Communication Skills
TYPICAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF POSITION:
Regularly stand; walk, sit, reach with hands and arms; and; talk or hear.
Occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
QUALIFICATIONS: Experience as an editor or photographer in a television news department is preferred.
EDUCATION: College degree or one years equivalent experience in the broadcast industry.
OTHER: Experience with non-linear editing technology, AVID NewsCutter and AVID Media Manager. Demonstrate strong news judgment, and good editorial and visual judgment.