Freelance Show Editor - First Things First
FOX Sports is looking for a Freelance Show Editor to join the team in Los Angeles. This role will provide edited pieces for the Fox Sports 1 daily show, First Things First. The position is a union daily hire role, and you will be required to join NABET within 30 calendar days of start date. The role also requires the incumbent to work the overnight shift (12am -8am).
SNAPSHOT OF RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ingest any media needed for edits
• Edit topical sports pieces
• Transcode any outside media - e.g., footage from social media sites
• Collaborate with Production on edits for each show
• QC all finished pieces and deliver/publish pieces to TOC
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 3+ years of experience editing for professional television broadcasts
• Knowledge and skill with non-linear editing systems
• Ability to work the overnight shift (12am-8am)
• Experience with fast paced cuts/dissolve editing typical of sports/news talk shows
• Experience working in high pressure environment typical of daily sports talk shows
• Strong knowledge of professional sports
NICE TO HAVE BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
• Knowledge of Quantel
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj9z32-3-234-244-105-42 in your application.