Los Angeles, CA
FOX Sports Digital is looking for a Features Editor to join our team in Los Angeles, CA. As our Features Editor, you will work with FOX Sports' digital talent on long form features, planned weekly content, and pieces reacting to events and the news of the day, primarily focused on written editorial content. You will help maintain and contribute to FOX Sports Digital's editorial calendar and content budget, planning for upcoming events, major milestones and content themes.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Collaborate with editors, writers and freelance contributors (including providing constructive feedback to help writers improve their craft) to spark creative ideas and embrace new approaches to storytelling,
• Display outstanding news judgment, skilled storytelling ability, thorough knowledge of digital best practices (including SEO, social platforms and content sharing), and a strong knowledge of journalistic principles and methods
• Embrace a truly cross-platform storytelling approach, combining text, video, audio, photos and graphics into a cohesive and compelling user experience
• Utilize analytics, research and other data to help shape the editorial strategy for FOX Sports Digital
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• At least 3 years of editorial experience
• Basic arithmetic for reports/recap notes
• Knowledge of a CMS or online publishing system
• Deep knowledge of AP style writing
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
• A Bachelor's degree is awesome but not required
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation's wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, the business has ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships. FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Deportes.