Freelance Weekend Show Director / Technical Director - FOX Weather
We are looking for a Freelance Weekend Show Director/Technical Director to join FOX Weather and be an integral part of our new launch. As the Freelance Director/Technical Director, you will plan, direct and switch live and live to tape weather programming, special events and breaking news. You also work closely with producers to grow and develop show concepts. We are looking for someone who thrives in a fast paced, breaking news, control room environment and can anticipate the needs of the editorial team in order to execute effectively.
Demo reel and director track should be available upon request
SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Plan, code rundown, direct & switch live and live to tape weather programming and special events
• Collaborate with the editorial and graphics teams to improve the overall quality of the show
• Work with the control room team to execute high quality shows
• Collaborate with the team to build out all new shows and studios for the network, including planning, blocking, and launching
• Thrive in a highly competitive environment and want to win always
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 3+ years' experience directing live television news and specials
• Technical Directing skills and automation skills, preferably Ross Overdrive
• Expertise to work seamlessly with producers, talent, and technical staff
• A desire to learn new technologies, new protocols and workflows
• Good instincts, creative ideas, strong visual sense and judgment when to take risks
• Leadership capabilities and exceptional ability to stay calm under intense and constant pressure
• Strong analytical and multi-tasking skills
• Flexibility to work all shifts in a 24/7/365 breaking news environment
• Solid knowledge of current events and weather-related news of the day
NICE TO HAVE BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
• Knowledge of SONY switchers, Ross switchers, DNF controllers, Nexio servers, VizRt graphics systems and ROSS Overdrive
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re4wz5-35-172-111-71-42 in your application.