Freelance Viz Operator
Fox News is looking for a highly motivated Viz Operator to set up and play out all graphic elements that are to be integrated into pre-recorded or live programming. You will work directly with technical staff to satisfy all production requirements for live and pre-recorded programming under the supervision of the show's director and technical operations management.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Operate Viz graphics computer in order to add text, graphics, and video elements to live and pre-recorded programs
• Operate INews program run-down system used as a guide for calling up pre-loaded text, graphics, and video elements
• Work directly with technical staff, Directors, and Producers to recall graphics and video elements
• Work closely and provide feedback to Director, Technical Director, and Producers ensuring QC and functionality of all graphics content
• Manage graphics content as it corresponds to the rundown for live and pre-recorded programs
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• A bachelor's degree and or relevant work experience
• Two years of graphic playout experience in a live control room environment
• Working knowledge of the Viz Trio system and one year of experience working with Viz in a live control room
• Strong typing, spelling, and grammatical skills
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Able to communicate quickly and effectively
• Able to execute cleanly on air in a high stress, rapidly changing environment
• Able to quickly troubleshoot
• Available to work some weekends
• Must be organized and punctual
• Able to work in a team environment
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
• A Bachelor's Degree
• Inews knowledge
Candidate must be willing to work both Saturday and Sunday, long hours, weekends, holidays, and flexible hours.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmwj6x-3-92-28-52-42 in your application.