The Faulkner Focus and Outnumbered are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic Line Producer with excellent communication skills to join the team. The Line Producer will collaborate with the Executive Producer and the Senior Producer to execute the vision for the show each day. The Line Producer must be assertive, detail-oriented, and a natural leader. The Line Producer is also an active consumer of news with impeccable judgment and good communication skills. The Line Producer should be able to improvise and make smart decisions on the fly in a way that inspires the people around you to follow your lead.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Make important editorial decisions and guide talent, writers, associate producers, and the technical team in the control room
• Able to build segments and develop story ideas from beginning to air. This includes editorial discussions, video selection, and graphics elements
• Time the broadcast while keeping clear communication with the show's 5-person panel and the technical team in the control room
• With guidance from the Executive Producer, prepare the rundown of news stories, oversee and execute the production of key video and graphic elements
• Work under intense deadline pressures
• Participate in daily editorial meetings by pitching original guests and topic ideas
• Produce and write key segments and teases
• Check scripts, banners, and graphics for grammar, appropriate style, and tone
• Handle all aspects of pre-production, including call-for elements, reporter scripts, and elements, and pre-taped segments
• Coordinate and anticipate breaking news coverage as needed
• Monitor the aesthetics of the screen to ensure that visuals support the conversation
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Must have at least 5 years of experience producing live news shows
• Editorially mature with solid knowledge of national and international news, as well as pop culture and be able to create an in-depth, visually exciting newscast
• A strong leader in the control room and be able to calmly handle breaking news situations
• Eager, cooperative, and team-oriented attitude
• Self-starter and proactive with the ability to enterprise ideas and work well independently, with little supervision
• Must be an effective team leader with strong people management skills
• Excellent writing skills - style, language, accuracy, organization, balance
• Ability to produce quality work quickly
• Knowledge of iNews
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwb5my-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.