Fox News is looking for a creative, organized, motivated, curious individual with strong editorial and logistical skills to fill an Associate Producer position in our Washington D.C Bureau. As the Associate Producer, you will be responsible for working with reporters to gather video/audio elements, obtain information, and deliver compelling live shots. You must be willing to get the latest elements into your live shots and move content forward. A natural curiosity of news is a must.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Find elements, log events, and identify news developments
• Remain familiar with daily developments on Washington based and political stories
• Work with reporters to set up interviews, ask questions, and obtain information to craft and produce live shots
• Monitor wires, social media, and other broadcast networks for news developments
• Work with DC and New York based shows to make sure we deliver visually compelling live shots
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 2 years of television news experience
• Experience with producing news live shots
• Strong logistical and editorial skills with knowledge of national and international politics
• Familiarity with the various DC government agencies
• Keen understanding of how to set up interviews and gather news
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment, multitask, and prioritize on a daily basis, and especially in breaking news situations
• Familiarity with iNews, Outlook and VIZ systems
• Strong communications skills
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEALBREAKER
• Bachelor's Degree
• Self-starter who can work independently, as well as a team player
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkkq4q-18-206-238-77-42 in your application.
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Audio, FOX News Books, the direct-to-consumer digital streaming services FOX Nation and FOX News International and the recently announced AVOD platform FOX Weather. Currently the number one network in all of cable, FNC has also been the most watched television news channel for 19 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks among the top business channels on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.