We are looking for an Associate Producer to join the FOX Weather team!
FOX Weather is a weather service that will provide critical information through cutting-edge products, a go-to for audiences who seek trusted weather news and voices. A cross-divisional initiative built upon FOX's expansive resources and trusted meteorologists, FOX Weather will provide audiences with engaging, enriched, customized weather content and information on all platforms.
As the Associate Producer, you are responsible for pitching stories, compiling research, coordinating video and graphic elements, and working hands-on with our on-air meteorologists. You will be involved with contributing to our social media presence, as well as sourcing the best user generated content. You will need strong production skills to produce informative and compelling content. You love the idea of being part of a launch team, and you thrive in a fast-paced environment.
This position reports to the Head of Programming.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Pitch stories on a daily basis, with topics ranging from the most important breaking weather news to features on weather-related stories of interest
• Produce segments for FOX Weather programming
• Find the best sound bites, video and graphics to build the most informative and compelling segments
• Write banners, cut video and, on the rare occasion, book guests all while quickly responding to breaking weather news
• Identify strong user-generated content from multiple sources, ensuring the best elements are incorporated into FOX Weather coverage
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• At least 2 years of news or news-related production experience
• Must have a passion for weather - weather experience
• Broadcast weather display system experience
• Experience in a live control room
• Experience writing/producing segments
• Ability to meet quick deadlines and react to breaking news
• Social media savviness
• Strong communication skills to work collaboratively with team members
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEALBREAKER
• A Bachelor's degree or related experience