As FOX News Media grows, the demands on the Media Production Group (graphics) from all properties have also increased. These demands include highly produced and customized graphics for all FOX News Media platforms. These platforms include Fox News Channel, Fox Business, Fox Nation, Fox Digital, Fox Radio, Fox Books, and our newest venture FOX Weather.
As we add FOX Weather to our FOX News Media portfolio, we are an Art Director join the team in New York, NY. As the Art Director, you will work closely with the Vice President of Creative and with other department leads, but also with the department as a whole, by overseeing and providing art direction to all of our designers. You will be responsible for collaborating on end-to-end creative initiatives for FOX News Media. As the Art Director, you have extensive experience managing, creating, and implementing a strategic approach to content creation across linear, digital, and print. You will have the once in a lifetime opportunity to help build yet another FOX News Media platform from the ground up!
FOX Weather will provide critical information through cutting-edge products, a go-to for audiences who seek trusted weather news and voices. A cross-divisional initiative built upon Fox's expansive resources and trusted meteorologists, FOX Weather will provide audiences with engaging, enriched, customized weather content and information on all platforms.
* In order to be considered you must submit a link to your portfolio. *
A SNAPSHOT OF RESPONSIBILITIES
• Art Direct design of campaigns and franchises that engage audiences, encourage brand affinity, and create revenue opportunities across all platforms
• Provide design direction on the day-to-day development and execution of content from inception to distribution across all platforms
• Collaborate with department leads on content planning meetings, brainstorms, and rollout meetings
• Analyze the evolution of competitive networks on all platforms
• Be part of the team responsible for emerging platform capabilities and consumer behaviors to ensure that streaming services including the new FOX Weather are first to market for activating innovative content driven campaigns
• Stay up to date on current design trends
• Develop and maintain brand guidelines to ensure a high standard and consistency across all FOX News Media platforms.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• At least 10 years' experience working in design and production for broadcast news and digital
• At least 5 years multiplatform experience
• Capable of management and career development of direct reports
• Ability to review content quickly and accurately, see patterns, and distill information for decision makers
• Extensive knowledge in information design and data visualization a must
• Experience in managing the overall creative design and production process from concept to completion.
• Experience in a data driven graphics broadcast environment desired (Weather, Sports, Financial News, etc.)
• Strong understanding of design principles, layout, typography, motion design, and color theory
• Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, 3D platforms (Cinema 4-D, Maya), Vizrt, Video Production, and web design
• Thorough knowledge of branding systems and identities
• Knowledge of break structures, media ownership, creative content, release dates, product co-sponsorships, and application
• Project management and organizational skills
• Experience in a high pressure environment
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEALBREAKER
• UI/UX experience
• Passion for weather
• A Bachelor's degree in Design/Communication
• Must show creative initiative, possess strong attention to detail and be a self-starter
• Ability to problem-solve and think on your feet while multi-tasking and work effectively with changing priorities/deadlines