WBFF FOX45 has an immediate opening for a creative Digital Content News Producer! In this role, you will be responsible for consistently being out in front of scheduled and breaking news events and deploying news department resources quickly and efficiently. You will need to be knowledgeable about local news events, newsmakers, and station technical and personnel resources in order to ensure top level news coverage on our web postings and in the field. This position will also work closely with the Executive Producer, Director, Assignment Desk and Anchors on the newscast and its content. In this position you will work with management and on-air staff to generate and write stories and develop content for our web site.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Solid news judgment
• Be a compelling and accurate writer
• Be able to multitask and manage time in order to put together exciting and informative news stories
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment
• Strong leadership and communication skills
• The ability to execute news strategies and goals in daily posting
• Flexibility and on-the-spot problem solving abilities are a must
• Proficient with non-linear editing (i.e. Avid) and newsroom systems, such as iNews a plus
• Must have at least some previous digital content news producing experience at a commercial TV station, although the right entry-level candidate may be considered
• A journalism degree is preferred
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g34j45-34-231-247-88-42 in your application.