Comprised of Disney's international media businesses and the Company's various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company's global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company's direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company's ownership stake in Hulu.
The role of Senior Manager, Product Operations, ESPN+ is to build a team whose focus is keeping ESPN+ and the ESPN App running at peak performance for millions of fans every day. There's a high volume of content, alerts, and transactions that flow through our apps every day, and the Product Operations team's job is to ensure that the highest percentage of these fan interactions run smoothly. Additionally, the Product Operations team's job is to assist in reporting out on these interactions, providing visibility to the broader Product team. This role reports to the Senior Director of Product Management, ESPN+.
In this role you will become intimately familiar with the various processes that power ESPN+ and the ESPN App, ensuring their stability and reliabitlity. You'll work with multiple stakeholders to ensure their needs are being met and hold them accountable to meet the needs of the Product.
You'll also work with various Product leaders across ESPN+ to identify data analysis needs and install processes to support them. Your team will be responsible for reporting on trends and themes in feature requests, support tickets and customer feedback, and will summarize these findings for the Product team to help inform opportunities for improvement.
You'll establish relationships with teams whose operations are crucial to the success of the ESPN App: Marketing, Programming, and Editorial to name a few.
Within three months, you will:
• Learn how our product operates, and how our tools and platform translate to what the customer sees.
• Establish relationships teams that power the content in the ESPN App (Programming, Marketing, Editorial, etc.)
• Take ownership of the processes required to launch Monthly Pay Per View events.
• Get access to various reporting tools and dashboards that you'll need to be successful.
• Learn how our IAP purchasing platforms work, and what's needed to support Apple, Google, Amazon, Roku, etc.
Within 6 months, you will:
• Identify critical processes and tasks that can be streamlined/improved.
• Own the Pay Per View launch process, including SKU setup, artwork coordination, QA coordination, and start/end of sale on platform.
• Own the mechanics of IAP Purchasing = from a product perspective.
• Identify the regular and one-off reports that should be built for distribution to the wider product team.
Within 12 months you will:
• Recruit for the Product Operations team and train team members.
• Be an expert on how content gets into our apps, and be able to troubleshoot issues and drive them to resolution.
• Lead at least one major project that streamlines / automates a critical process.
• Lead an operationally-heavy product improvement or partnership.
• A minimum of 5 years of work experience in a consumer-oriented digital company including product.
• Demonstrated ability to work on a diverse scope of projects requiring detailed analysis, creative/practical problem solving, and sound judgment.
• Demonstrated experience and knowledge driving product development
• Previous experience managing product requirements, release deliverables, and technical documentation
• Previous experience working with large, cross-functional development teams
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
• Must have strong analytical skills using Omniture, Google Analytics or related products
• Minimum of 3 years experience managing personnel.
• Previous experience working in AGILE
• Previous experience working with streaming media, data distribution or internal platforms with dynamic data ingestion.
• Familiar with AGILE based tools, including but not limited to, JIRA and Version One
• Bachelor's degree in a related field
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution,ESPN:
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5z393-35-172-223-30-42 in your application.