As a Live From Home (LFH) Technician, you will play a crucial role in the technical execution of each sports broadcast by supporting on-air talent and production personnel when they are not physically at the event. Typical responsibilities include configuring LFH technical kits (home based Servers, ROK, ADAP supporting live commentary and on-camera presentations) for each broadcast; interfacing with talent, producers, and technical leads; trouble shooting and completing post-event reports for management. This role will be supporting an ever-growing number of Live From Home workflows. We want someone who is excited about the future of television production and is willing to be on the leading edge of major technological changes. The ideal candidate is service oriented with a knowledge base ranging from audio, video, broadcast comms, IT networking, and a desire to meet high expectations every day.
• System administration of ESPN's 300+ Live From Home Kits (Servers, ROK, ADAP) – This includes remotely accessing Mac computers to configure audio signals and establishing video links with a control room or mobile unit. Technicians will routinely trouble-shoot issues with home networks, DANTE-equipped devices, and general computer issues.
• Independently works on remote installations of new equipment relating to projects and new business opportunities
• Assist in the implementation of hardware and software upgrades
• Ability to identify and trouble shoot any technical challenges such as Dante routing problems, loss of video feeds, and internet connectivity issues.
• Support cutting edge distributed production workflows
• Has in-depth knowledge of digital audio standards, computer networking and signal flow.
• Willingness to work nights and weekends from existing home office.
• Candidate must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills and organizational abilities.
• Focus on superb customer service to internal and external groups, including high-profile commentators as well as exhibits a professional attitude and ability to work at a high level with minimal supervision
• Candidate must be able to maintain attention to detail and work independently in a demanding deadline-driven environment
• Ability to multitask effectively and prioritize technical issues as they arise
• A minimum of 5 years professional experience in sports broadcasting or deadline-driven, always-on IT environment.
• Working knowledge of audio protocols, including DANTE and MADI.
• Fundamental knowledge of Broadcast Production workflow and operating systems.
• Apple OS knowledge
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Bachelor's Degree in related field
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2nk0m-34-204-180-223-42 in your application.