The HVAC Technician performs routine and emergency maintenance on all HVAC systems in all buildings on the Bristol campus including, but not limited to: Electric Water Chillers, Roof mounted Air Handlers (DX and chilled water), Chilled Water Fan Coil Units, VAV boxes, gas-fired hot water boilers, chilled-water pumps, condenser-water pumps, hot-water pumps, refrigerant leak detection monitoring systems, chemical water treatment systems, fuel-oil monitoring systems and fuel-oil leak detection systems.
• Perform scheduled maintenance on equipment not covered by third-party preventive maintenance agreement
• Respond to and solve HVAC related problems via established Work Order system working under supervision with a team of staff technicians. On occasion may be required to work alone and/or unsupervised.
• Maintain existing Alerton Building Management System including installation of minor system components.
• Install HVAC equipment and ductwork for minor building renovation and MAC projects.
• Assist with updating HVAC parts inventory including ordering parts as necessary through established suppliers.
• First responder to all HVAC related problems on assigned shift
• Primary focus of attention is day-to-day Chiller Plant and HVAC system reliability. Ensures HVAC systems operate effectively in support of all buildings with priority status on technical production facilities, technical equipment rooms, and radio/television studios.
• Analyzes and recommends proper course of action for problems associated with HVAC equipment.
• On occasion will be required to respond via phone to trouble calls occurring after-shift hours or on off-days.
• May be asked to coordinate on-call third-party service vendors' response.
• Minimum 5 years of experience with all aspects of HVAC systems including air handling, fluid handling, boilers, DDC control systems and Central Plant Chilled Water systems.
• Hands-on experience with electric water chillers, primary & secondary pump systems, evaporative cooling towers, roof top air handlers, fan coil units, VAV and associated equipment is required.
• Experience with Alerton DDC building management systems is a plus.
• Qualified applicants will possess a working knowledge of physical plant safety programs and shall be able to demonstrate understanding of fire life safety procedures and requirements.
• The successful candidate must have possessed a current State of CT type S2 (Unlimited Heating, Piping and Cooling Journeyperson) or type D2 (Limited Warm Air, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Journeyperson) license for a minimum of 5 years and must have worked under a listed S1 or D1 mechanical contractor in the State of CT.
• The successful candidate must possess a current Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) type Universal-Refrigerant Recovery Certification.
• Fundamental knowledge of Trane Chillers, chilled water systems and sequence of operations.
• Fundamental knowledge of VFD controllers.
• Fundamental knowledge of Café refrigeration equipment.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Technical School certificate in a related field preferred
• College degree in a related field is a plus
• Industry accredited certificate in a related field is a plus
Training for this position includes:
• Basic Electrical Safety
• RF Safety Training
• First Aid/CPR/AED
• Confined Space Training
• Fire Extinguisher Training
• Spill Response Training
• Flash Hazard Protection
• First Responder
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnxzjm-54-144-55-253-42 in your application.