The Digital Editorial general editor for trending topics works across sports and platforms to create and curate the most accurate, timely and engaging content for fans. The position will create content for and contributing to the off-platform distribution of our original content, which includes Google AMP and Apple News. The position requires an understanding of a 24/7 news environment that includes desktop, mobile, social and personalized platforms. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to spot trends and turn stories around quickly. We are looking for someone who can tell great stories and write clearly. This role is responsible for tactical planning, providing direction for digital sports coverage, and integrating with cross-platform entities including television, radio, production, etc. This job is based in Los Angeles.
• Direct reporters in a highly competitive, rapidly changing environment.
• Work to bring a distinctive, compelling and authentic voice to all digital products.
• Contribute to comprehensive multimedia coverage that includes video, audio, text and interactivity, and partnership with all appropriate ESPN properties.
• Coordinate staffing assignments, editorial resources and process.
• Collaborate with design, product and technology managers on presentation and site enhancements.
• Maintain proficiency and knowledge in latest trends, technology and best practices for social media.
• Maintain proficiency and knowledge in latest trends and best practices for visual storytelling.
• Maintain proficiency and knowledge for SEO.
• Ensure all content meets established tone, theme, accuracy, style and consistency requirements.
• Work with Sales to develop content with sponsorship potential.
• Identify opportunities for strategic growth in both revenue and traffic metrics.
• Minimum of 4 years of experience in editorial and content creation.
• Understanding and appreciation of news, story play and trending topics.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and news judgment.
• Basic knowledge of all major sports.
• Appreciation of popular culture and contributes to an understanding of the tastes of ESPN's audiences.
• Knowledge of web authoring tools and software, search engines and audience acquisition.
• Experience with driving audience expansion through off-platform channels for original content
• Familiarity with tools that measure online traffic, consumer habits and usage patterns.
• High School Diploma
• Bachelor's Degree or higher in Journalism, Communications, English or a related field.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3k3bn-3-231-230-177-42 in your application.