The Associate Director, Development will lead content development from the initial greenlight phase through the beginning of execution, engaging the necessary stakeholders and facilitating effective handoffs throughout the process. The Associate Director plays a critical role in defining success for the production team, from developing targets to overseeing effective transitions into production. This position requires a strong collaborator with multifaceted experience in content integration, development, marketing, programming, media intelligence, research, and audience expansion.
The Preferred Location is NY, however we may be open to the CA location.
• Provide narrative direction and focus to Original Series on ESPN+ and collaborate closely with external creative entities to define execution
• Provide management and oversight of creative development as projects transition from storylines into early episodes of production phase
• Oversee in-house creative development team and cultivate and maintain contacts with outside producers and storytellers, while seeking out opportunities for potential collaboration
• Work in conjunction with legal, business affairs, programming, and outside packagers to transition shows that have been picked up from development into current series
• Formulate distribution and rollout plans for multi-episode series by aligning with linear promotional opportunities, consistency, and / or relevancy
• Manage the piloting process and stress test new series ideas with key stakeholders across the company
• Leverage data and insights to align overall development direction and show-by-show specific creative with target audience, company-wide content goals, and product enhancements
• Analyze effectiveness of ESPN+ current slate and utilize the analysis to pinpoint areas of creative improvement season to season
• Help develop strategies around emerging Original Content priorities
• Track competitive content and assess impact on ESPN+ content plans
• Communicate project statuses across organization
• Leverage relationships and knowledge of the streaming landscape to drive innovative processes and useful insights
• 5+ years of broadcast experience on multiple platforms, as well as strong experience in creative development ability
• Ability to operate effectively in a team-oriented and collaborative environment
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
• Familiarity with various online content distribution platforms and developing new media outlets
• Strong communication skills and follow-through instincts, along with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrated leadership on complex projects
• Strong organizational and prioritization skills
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj8qz2-18-232-179-37-42 in your application.