- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Job DescriptionWhat You'll Do
Epic Games Japan is looking for a Support Engineer to join the team and assist with the Unreal Engine mainly for M&E industry. Duties will also include assistance for Epic Game's efforts to provide Japanese localized tools and documentation.
In This Role You Will
• Assist with Unreal Engine license efforts including but not limited to live Unreal Engine demonstrations, arranging evaluations, providing pre- and post-license technical support, evangelizing the Unreal Engine at tradeshows
• Assist in the creation of support documentation on the Unreal Developer Network website, as well as specialized support documentation, videos, and samples for the Japanese market
• Helping partners ship high quality titles on time
• Helping improve efficiency of development for our customers by navigating and solving problems
What We're Looking For
• Strong C++ skills
• Great knowledge of Unreal Engine 4
• Expertise in film & television or live-broadcast practices and processes
• Strong understanding of multiple aspects of the Unreal Editor including the creation of sophisticated Editor Blueprints, Sequencer workflows, LiveLink, and nDisplay
• Desire to both teach others and learn new techniques, becoming the industry expert on new features and practices as they arise
• Technical customer service experience
• Self-starter who takes ownership of the technical relationship with developers and works proactively to set up systems to smooth the road from eval to license
• Ability to present complex technical issues in a one-to-many situation such as trade shows, Unreal Fest, presentations at developer studios etc.
• Ability to communicate complex technical issues via e-mail or face-to-face
• Native level Japanese in writing and speaking; business level English in writing and speaking
#LI - WZ1
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqmpvm-52-90-49-108-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.