What We Do
Our mission is to provide a world class platform to empower the business to leverage data to enhance, monitor, and support our products. We are responsible for data ingestion systems, processing pipelines, and various data stores all operating in the cloud. We operate at petabyte scale, and support near real time use cases as well as more traditional batch approaches.
What You'll Do
Epic is looking for a Sr. Engineer, Data Platform to join a growing team of data professionals who provide valued insights across all of Epic's games and the Unreal Engine. In this position, you will build systems to stream data from our game clients and servers into the various systems that make up the data ecosystem at Epic.
In this role, you will
• Design, build, and maintain all parts of the data pipeline to support gamer behavior analysis and device telemetry (requirements understanding, data enrichment, data modeling)
• Build and expand upon existing data systems to help the business leverage data to support our products
• Champion better cross-functional data integration efforts, both upstream and downstream
• Evolve existing flink based streaming solutions to meet the growing demands of the business
What we're looking for
• Minimum 5 years of experience in a data-driven information environment, designing and implementing analytic/data systems, ideally in a video gaming context
• Detail-oriented and comfortable working with requirements that are open-ended
• Experience and familiarity with big data tools and services, such as Kafka, Hive, AWS, Hadoop, Presto, Spark, S3, Flink or similar
• Ideal candidate has experience working with Kubernetes or similar containerized deployment model
• Experience working in a cloud based environment, ideally familiar with the AWS toolset
• Expertise in one or more programming languages (Kotlin preferred, Scala and Java beneficial)
• Comfort with software development methodology around unit testing, performance tuning, integration testing, etc.
• Experience in real-time data processing
• Passion for video games and/or video game technology
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4z04v-3-236-225-157-42 in your application.