Manchester, United Kingdom
Software Engineer (Cubic Motion)
Engineering at Epic
What we do
Unreal-powered projects have been on the bleeding edge of real-time entertainment for over 20 years. Our team of engineering experts are always innovating to improve the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
Cubic Motion creates and deploys advanced computer vision to transform the production and consumption of digital media. We're a company of internationally- acclaimed computer vision researchers, engineers and a vastly experienced production team. Our innovations include world-leading technologies for precise tracking in marker less video, stereo, and depth data. These methods, already well-known for powering the industry's leading facial animation services, now bring real-time capabilities to creatives and consumers alike.
In this role, you will
• Work closely with a range of engineers, animators and designers to develop animation and machine vision related tools
• Optimize both memory and performance in systems that have to process large quantities of data in realtime
• Improve and maintain standalone applications, integrations into Unreal Engine and integrations with custom electronics
• Support external customers and internal stakeholders by answering their requests and questions
• Turn research prototypes and libraries into robust, well-engineered code which can be integrated into tools and products
What we're looking for
• Excellent C++ skills
• Experience in a broad range of engineering areas such as application development, real-time visualization and computer vision
• Well-versed in software engineering principles, especially API design
• Experience developing in a large codebase at a fast pace, making trade-offs between usability, performance and power
Nice to have skills
• Familiarity with Unreal Engine and it's concepts
• Experience delivering tools into VFX workflows and production pipelines
• Python scripting
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r71ne6-3-236-231-61-42 in your application.
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.