Unreal-powered projects have been on the bleeding edge of real-time entertainment for over 20 years. Our team of engineering experts are always innovating to improve the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
What You'll Do
As a server engineer on this game team, you will be innovating and pushing the limits of what's possible in multiplayer gaming while delivering the best experience possible for our players. You will problem-solve server performance and stability, and guide developers in creating new industry-leading features. Most importantly you'll work with a creative, energetic, and fun team to continue making Fortnite one of the most popular and engaging gaming experiences in the world!
In This Role You Will
• Help design the networking model for a large, ambitious gaming experience.
• Improve player experience by optimizing systems for latency, bandwidth, CPU usage, and memory
• Design systems to monitor live server data, problem-solving issues and making data analysis improvements along the way
• Architect and develop new features to enable continued growth
• Act as a bridge and subject matter expert between game developers and Unreal Engine networking tech
• Build tools and workflows to enable developer efficiency and autonomy
What We're Looking For
• Experience shipping networked multiplayer games
• Excellent C++ skills, with familiarity with scripting systems like Blueprint, Lua, Python, etc
• Experience in a cross-disciplinary development environment, with excellent communication skills
• Familiarity with an existing game engine with an understanding of game networking concepts
• Experience developing in a large codebase at a fast pace, making trade-offs between usability, performance, and memory
• Self-motivated, strong work ethic, and able to work independently
• Creativity in problem-solving and the ability to think outside of the established solutions
• Keen interest in games
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp55o4-3-238-204-167-42 in your application.