What We Do
Use your expert experience in data & analytics to build powerful stories and visuals that inform the games we make, the technology we develop, and business decisions that drive Epic.
What You'll Do
Epic Games is looking for a Senior Data Scie ntist to help create the models that fuel our creator economy. The successful candidate will have excellent SQL knowledge, and enjoy combining machine learning skills with business acumen to provide the data and insights that will drive our continued success.
In this role, you will
• Work with creator ecosystem teams and key stakeholders from the metaverse economy team and analytics teams ensure available game data is applied for its best use to Epic by modeling player behavior to understand the long and short run impacts on our ecosystem
• Partner closely with the metaverse economy team to jointly build new and scalable models that will help guide the development of the metaverse economy
What we're looking for
• Demonstrated background in development of machine learning products
• Strong Python engineering knowledge
• Familiarity with supporting technical componentry including:
• Code version control (Github or similar)
• Orchestration (Airflow preferred)
• CI/CD (codeFresh, Jenkins or similar) & model (MLFlow or similar)
• Experience in a ''full-stack'' environment - data file ingest, ETL, data storage interaction in Python, Python application development, communication of result to storage systems, code version control
• Advanced statistical training and a thorough understanding of the associated strengths and weaknesses of different statistical approaches
• Experience with Spark (Scala or PySpark)
• Working knowledge of HiveQL
• Passion for games, analytics, and user generated content
• Familiarity with AWS infrastructure (particularly MWAA & EKS)
• Familiarity with virtualization for development (Docker preferred)
• Experience with data drift & quality monitoring and associated development
• Demonstrated experience with economic modeling & econometrics approaches
Pay Transparency Information
The expected annual base pay range(s) for this position are detailed below. Each base pay range is relevant only for individuals who are residents of or will be expected to work within the specified locale. Compensation varies based on a variety of factors, which include (but aren't limited to) things such as skills and competencies, qualifications, knowledge, and experience. In addition to base pay, most employees are eligible to participate in Epic's generous benefit plans and discretionary incentive programs (subject to the terms of those plans or programs).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g306qx-3-236-138-35-42 in your application.