Senior Engine Programmer - Online
What We Do
Fortnite and Unreal Engine are leading the world of online entertainment through innovation in experiences and events. Games, concerts, movies, and giant world-eating villains are just some of the experiences we've delivered so far. As engineers, we build tools and technology that allows content creators to dream up and deliver new experiences.
What You'll Do
We're looking for a Quality Engineer, Fortnite Creative (SDET).
As part of the Fortnite Creative Team you'll be working on an ambitious new project that changes how experiences are built and delivered in Fortnite.
You'll be working on initiatives that improve how our team builds, tests, delivers, and supports features. We believe Automation, continuous integration, testing, and analytics are key to maximizing a development team's effectiveness.
Most importantly you'll work with a creative, energetic, and fun team to continue making Fortnite one of the most popular and engaging gaming experiences in the world!
In This Role You Will
• Build APIs, frameworks, and tools for other development teams.
• Identify opportunities to improve and extend existing tests, frameworks and development workflows.
• Work closely with QA and other developers to reduce the need for human interaction in repetitive daily operations.
• Work with the Fortnite Creative Team to ensure new and existing features are written as testable units.
• Collaborate with a wide variety of Fortnite engineering and content creation teams to solve complex technical challenges in ways that move the stability and quality of Fortnite forward.
What We're Looking For
• 4+ years experience working on game features or technology with C/C++
• Familiarity or willingness to learn C# and Python.
• A passion for maximizing devel oper efficiency and product quality through automation.
• Experience working with artists, designers and fellow engineers to deliver game features
• An understanding of game engines and game development concepts such as scripting, exporters, data processing, packaging, deployment.
• Experience with automation frameworks and continuous integration software such as Jenkins, Teamcity, etc
• Experience working with a large codebase at a fast pace, and considering trade-offs between usability, performance, and time.
Like what you hear? Be a part of something Epic!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4wx8v-3-235-179-111-42 in your application.
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.