Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic.
What you'll do
Epic is excited to add an experienced Level Designer to the growing Fortnite team. In this role, you'll utilize your years of experience, deep knowledge of design tools, and a great sense of scale to push the visual quality of the game and delight players. Level Designers at Epic are a part of a cross-discipline content team working to develop great looking levels which expand the Fortnite universe.
In this role, you will
• Create levels for Fortnite, using modular kits to design visually appealing and fun locations that follow gameplay rules
• Focus on the visual quality of the game levels
• Use content to tell stories, pushing the ambient storytelling in the world
• Use your experience and tools to make the worlds come alive
• Work effectively in a collaborative environment, providing input and regular feedback
What we're looking for
• 3+ years of experience shipping multiple AAA titles
• 3+ years of experience using a level editor (UE4, or similar)
• Direct involvement with prop placement, lighting, mood/atmosphere and design markup
• Keen sense of performance limitations (optimization, streaming, LODs, etc)
• Visual scripting experience (Blueprints, for example)
• Experience with procedural level generation
• Experience working closely and communicating with artists
• Demonstrated ability to improvise and creatively solve problems
Please submit your resume with a portfolio and we'll be in touch if there's a fit!
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 1,800+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we've been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic's award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.