What You'll Do
Epic Games is looking for a Lead Security Engineer to manage our engineering efforts for trust & safety, platform security, and fraud prevention. Your focus will be leading and developing a team of engineers as they work on services and tools that help mitigate fraud, protect accounts, and moderate user generated content. This is an incredible opportunity to create a fun and safe environment for millions of players and make a positive impact on the entire Epic ecosystem.
In this role, you will
• Lead a team of 5+ engineers distributed across North America & Europe on a variety of security and safety services
• Collaborate with various stakeholders and teams to collect requirements, implement security solutions and respond to emergent threats.
• Deliver strategy & results, maintain team health, manage performance and develop your team members
• Facilitate design and code reviews. Promote a culture of building high quality products with clear, concise and well tested code.
What we're looking for
• Experience monitoring and managing databases (we use Elasticsearch/MongoDB/PostgreSQL)
• Deep understanding of distributed systems and design patterns
• Effective communication skills
• BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience
• You're user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnjv81-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.