ENGINEERING AT EPIC
WHAT WE DO
Unreal projects have been leading the pack of real-time entertainment with our constantly growing team of engineering experts. We're always improving on the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Epic Games is looking for a Test Automation Lead who is passionate about developing test automation pipelines. You will lead a team of Software Development Engineers in Test (SDET) focusing on the development of automated test solutions for Unreal Engine. If you are passionate about utilizing automation to improve quality, performance, test coverage, and developer efficiency then we'd love to talk with you!
In this role, you will
• Lead a team of SDETs focusing on automated test solutions for Unreal Engine
• Implement automation tests around key editor and engine systems and features
• Identify opportunities for leveraging automation across Epic Games
• Provide coaching and mentorship to junior and mid-level SDET engineers
• Task other developers as necessary to complete work to an agreed-upon schedule and quality
• Act as a vision holder for maintaining a ''testable software'' mentality at Epic Games
• Extend or design automation frameworks and tools as necessary
• Work with software engineers on the Unreal Engine teams to ensure features are written as testable units
• Collaborate with QA to develop automation processes that are robust, reliable, and easy to use
What we're looking for
• 5+ years of experience leading engineering teams in the games or content creation industry
• 5+ years of experience developing automation/performance tools
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate fluently in English (written and verbal)
• Excellent C++, C#, Python skills
• Experience in leading and mentoring other developers.
• Experience of CIS systems such as Jenkins, Team City, etc.
• Experience of SQL/NoSQL databases
• Creative problem-solving skills.
• Excellent communications at the individual and team level.
• Experience working with multiple platforms.
• Knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 is a major plus
• Knowledge of HTML5/ReactJS as a plus.
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 1,800+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we've been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic's award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb71oo-3-236-118-225-42 in your application.