Epic Games is looking for experienced Gameplay Programmer(s) to join Epic's growing Engineering team at our South Jordan, UT studio. The position will collaborate with experienced designers and artists to create the best gameplay experiences for gamers in the industry.
• Experiment with game design and use rapid prototyping while ensuring that strong architectural and algorithmic decisions are made.
• Design and implement game systems by applying accepted software development practices in the areas of data efficiency, scalability, and re-use.
• Determine robust, well-thought out, and innovative solutions to various software development challenges by utilizing the target platform, as presented by the designers, artists, and animators, to meet the creative needs of the title.
• Work closely with art and design to iterate on gameplay features including implementing full systems in blueprints that designers can modify.
• Prototype and iterate on features and be willing to accept and respond to critical feedback.
• Optimize and fix bugs in existing gameplay systems.
• Solve other engineering discipline tasks required to ship games, such as animation programming, back-end, and device debugging, and maintaining build scripts.
• Contribute to live services through critical fixes and release deployment support.
• Create modules to share and extend code from existing products.
Master of Science degree in Entertainment Arts & Engineering, or closely related degree from an accredited university in the US, or its foreign equivalent.
SPECIFIC SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
Three (3) years of experience as a gameplay programmer in the video game industry with the following:
• Designing and architecting software systems to meet the requirements of overall game design.
• C++, C#, C, and Lua and the ability to code and architect gameplay mechanics and tools.
• Unreal Engine 4 with Blueprint expertise.
• Fixing bugs and issues found by testing the gameplay.
• Enhancing and extending game play systems.
• Two (2) commercial mobile game releases: Adventure game and FPS survival game.
Must also possess two (2) years of experience working on a live service game.
To qualify, applicants must demonstrate proficiency by passing Epic's standard gameplay engineering test, consisting of four (4) questions with multiple parts.
Applicants must also pass a background check.
Multiple Openings for this Position.
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dykjyk-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.