Game Designer (Sandbox)
DESIGN AT EPIC
What we do
Put your design skills to work at a cutting-edge company that challenges the norm. From character and level design to competitive gameplay and system design, help shape the future of interactive entertainment at Epic.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic.
What you'll do
Epic Games is searching for an experienced Game Designer, focusing on sandbox design, to join our team working on Fortnite Creative. In this role, you will be responsible for designing and supporting implementation of building blocks that empower Creators to make interactive experiences within Fortnite's Creative mode.
In this role, you will
• Design new features in a way that maximizes flexibility and creativity for end users while maintaining accessibility and usability
• Oversee and support the implementation process from start to finish, providing design insight, problem solving, testing and polish feedback to the developers implementing the feature to ensure that the shipped feature meets or exceeds the original design goals
• Coordinate with teams throughout Epic and beyond to ensure designer-led features have the necessary support from other disciplines to provide the best possible experience
• Suggest and make development trade-offs to meet development time or performance requirements
• Work directly with players and creators to help refine and develop new designs to meet the needs of the community
What we're looking for
• 5+ years systems design experience on shipped games
• Strong design thinking, with the ability to design features which are not only flexible and powerful in themselves but also add value to the platform as a whole
• You have a proven ability to communicate your ideas and collaborate with others to create clear, concise design specs and then see them through to completion
• You have professional experience with visual scripting languages (preferably Blueprints) and are accustomed to writing clean, readable visual scripts that are production-ready, as well as being able to review scripts from other developers to highlight issues and provide suggestions for improvement
• A broad skill set is a strength! As a small team, we highly value those who can contribute to on multiple fronts
• Experience and dedication to developing high quality player experiences
• You're user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmwx4m-3-229-142-91-42 in your application.